The Canon Collins Trust 2024 Leigh Day LLB Scholarship
The Canon Collins Trust 2024 Leigh Day LLB Scholarship is a UK scholarship program that is offered by the Canon Collins Trust. It is available to students of all backgrounds who are studying for the LLB (Legal Practice Course) at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape. The scholarship is a great opportunity for those who are financially vulnerable due to the impact of COVID-19. It also offers an opportunity for those from non-traditional backgrounds to access a valuable legal education at a prestigious institution.
Canon Collins Trust welcomes applications from current 2nd and 3rd year students (going into their 3rd and 4th year in 2024) studying for an LLB at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape. Canon Collins Trust will offer funding for a maximum of two years. Awards in 2024 will be R40,000, per academic year. This will be paid into the student’s account, so originally it will go towards the cost of your fees, and any remaining funds can be used for accommodation, books, or other purposes relevant to your studies.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2024 LEIGH DAY LLB SCHOLARSHIP
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- A current second or third-year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- A national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- A 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate Law student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
MERITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Awards will be R40,000 per academic year.
- Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years.
- Canon Collins Trust supports both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on 9 October 2023.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please do not email us to ask about the outcome of your application.
- All notifications will be by email so please make sure you provide an accurate email address.
Application Deadline: 9 October 2023