The GirlLEAD 2023 Women in Data Bootcamp Scholarships for African Students
The GirlLEAD 2023 Women in Data Bootcamp Scholarship is available to African women who are concerned about pursuing a career in data science.
The boot camp program aims to empower African women with the required skills to solve data–driven challenges and unlock their potential in a rapidly transforming digital economy. The boot camp is a 12–week online program that gives the opportunity to learn basic to advanced data skills. For participants who have few prior data-related experiences, this is also a chance for them to partake in projects and competitions on the Datacamp platform in order to develop their portfolios, gain practical experience, and feel confident enough to apply for data science jobs.
GirlLEAD is offering premium access to all courses, skill competency tests, guided and self-paced projects, and data science competitions on the Datacamp platform via a relationship with Datacamp. R programming, Python programming, SQL, spreadsheets, business analytics, data analysis, data engineering, data science, machine learning, and more are just a few of the many tracks available.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Women in Data Bootcamp Scholarships
To be eligible for the 2023 Women in Data Bootcamp Scholarships, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Women of African origin
- Aged 16-40 years
- Have a Laptop, Internet Access, and Data
- Availability to take the program
Merits of Program
- Project-based learning: You will solve practical problems and build projects for your portfolio.
- Full access to Datacamps courses, including unguided projects and competitions.
- Career services including job readiness course and CV revamp.
- Globally recognized certifications and access to Datacamp’s network of global students and faculty.
- Integration into the GirlLEAD fellowship network for life-long learning, networking, and mentorship opportunities.
- Program Form: Self-paced online learning, 1-2 hours mandatory bi-weekly catch-ups, Weekly assignments, Discussion forums, and Group activities.
- Program Date: July 2022 to July 2023
Application Deadline: July 12, 2023