The FAO-ITC EWAT Investment Readiness Bootcamps for Women Entrepreneurs
Apply now for the FAO–ITC EWAT Investment Readiness Bootcamps for Women Entrepreneurs on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the inyternet. The Empowering Women and Boosting Livelihoods Through Agricultural Trade (EWAT): Leveraging the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) is a special project co-implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Trade Centre (ITC). It seeks to support formal and informal women producers, processors, traders, women’s cooperatives, and associations to take benefit of the opportunities created by the AfCFTA in agriculture and agro-processing value chains.
The EWAT programme is pleased to declare a call for applications for two investment readiness bootcamps that it is organizing in Ghana and Nigeria. Taking place over two days, these bootcamps will take place over the following dates:
– 24-25 July 2023 in Accra, Ghana
– 10-11 August 2023 in Lagos, Nigeria.
The goal of the Bootcamps is to empower women entrepreneurs with the skills and knowledge to better understand and manage investments in order to realize their economic and social development goals. The Bootcamps also provide a space to discuss and address challenges that women entrepreneurs face when pursuing investments, such as limited access to financing, lack of trust and confidence, and inadequate support networks.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE FAO-ITC EWAT INVESTMENT READINESS BOOTCAMPS
To be eligible for the 2023 NNPC/ NAOC/ OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship Scheme, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- The micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSME) must be in the agri-food sector
- The MSME must be within micro and small enterprise categories or at the start-up phase
- The MSME must be a women-led business or women-led cooperative
- The MSME must at least have basic knowledge of bookkeeping
- The MSME has been in business for at least a year and is seeking to access finance within the next 6 months
- The company representative commits to attend both days of the bootcamp
- The company representative attending the bootcamp has proficiency in English
- Facilitate the investment readiness bootcamp
- Provide catering for both days
- Facilitate interactions with capital providers
*If the woman entrepreneur lives outside Accra or Lagos, the project may be able to offer transportation and/or accommodation (to be confirmed after the selection process)
- The woman entrepreneur must pay for all costs associated with transportation to the venue
- The woman entrepreneur must commit to attending both days of the bootcamp
- The woman entrepreneur must complete all evaluation forms issued by FAO and ITC. These forms are provided after the event and are critical to the project’s reporting purposes.
- If selected, the woman entrepreneur grants permission to FAO and ITC to take and use photos produced during the two-day bootcamp.
Only 35 spots are available per country. The selection of companies will be done on the basis of the above-mentioned criteria on a first come first served basis. Only one spot is allocated to each selected company.
Please note that only selected companies will be contacted by the project.
Application Deadline: July 7th, 2023