Apply now for the 2023 Youth STEM Summit Design Team at Youth STEM 2030
The 2023 Youth STEM Summit Design Team is an outstanding group of 9 young people from around the globe. They are creating all of the key decisions about the 2023 Youth STEM Summit to invent an impactful and inclusive global event that empowers youth in STEM to address the world’s biggest challenges. Apply now for the 2023 Youth STEM Summit Design Team at Youth STEM 2030
We’re looking for a mixed team of young people (ages 13-24), who individually have various skills and strengths. Whether you are good at planning and organizing, can use social media like a pro, want a new opportunity to use your video editing skills, care about creating an inclusive and accessible event, or just want to share your ideas as part of a team.
ALSO TRENDING: The 2023 Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Youth STEM Summit Design Team at Youth STEM 2030
To be eligible for the 2023 Youth STEM Summit Design Team at Youth STEM 2030, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Between the ages of 13-24
- Passionate about our mission of empowering youth to use STEM to tackle global challenges
- Enthusiastic to learn and grow your skills – no previous experience organizing events is needed to apply
- Ready to challenge yourself and go out of your comfort zone – organizing a global event is no small task, but you’ll have plenty of support from our team!
- Based anywhere globally – our team works together 100% remotely
- Able to commit to ~4-5 hours per week from June-October 2023, and committed to getting involved in all aspects of the Youth STEM Summit Design Team
The Design Team will operate together to make the Youth STEM Summit an impactful and inclusive 1-day virtual event that empowers youth globally with the skills, networks, and tools required to take action as STEM changemakers.
You’ll be making the decisions and involved in every step of the process of creating a global virtual event…
Meet the Design Team
Get to know other members of the Design Team, learn about each other’s strengths, cultures & experiences, and decide how you’ll work together.
Design the Summit
Brainstorm, share your ideas, and make all of the key decisions, from the schedule to speakers, to promoting the event, to attendee engagement.
Build the Summit
Pick your best ideas and start taking action to build an awesome Summit – expect to learn lots of new skills along the way!
Youth STEM Summit
Welcome hundreds of youth from around the world to the Youth STEM Summit! There are lots of roles to play on the day, from hosting to social media coverage to helping speakers and attendees.
Evaluate the Summit
Measure the Summit’s impact, evaluate what went well and what could be better, and reflect on (and celebrate!) your experience in the Design Team.
- Join a global community of youth changemakers, leaders, researchers & innovators
- Gain experience in planning an event and develop new skills, including teamwork, communication, event management, leadership, and project management
- Use the Youth STEM Summit Design Team to gain volunteering hours, or to count towards external awards (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh)
- Additional opportunities to get involved in, like speaking at other events, sharing your voice on our (& our partners’) platforms or interviewing awesome people making change through STEM
- It looks great on your CV/resume or university & college applications and you’ll also receive a personalized reference from our Founder & CEO
- Most of all – make a real difference by being part of creating an impactful and inclusive Summit that empowers youth globally in STEM to tackle the world’s biggest challenges!
Eligible Countries: International
Procedure for Application
- Step 1: Submit Your Application
- Step 2: Applications Are Assessed
- Step 3: Informal Interviews
- Step 4: Application Outcomes
Application Deadline: 30th May 2023 5 pm BST (GMT+1)