DW Global Media Forum Start-up Contest 2023 for Media Start-ups Worldwide.
Apply now for the DW Global Media Forum Start-up Contest 2023 for Media Start-ups Worldwide on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The start-up contest@GMF is an exciting format that is part of the annual DW Global Media Forum (GMF). Media start-ups from around the globe are invited to pitch their ideas and business models to a global audience, take part in an incubation workshop over several days in the run-up to the event, and compete for first place in the competition. DW Global Media Forum Start-up Contest 2023 for Media Start-ups Worldwide.
The final event will take place on 19 and 20 June 2023 during the 16th DW Global Media Forum, which will happen both on-site at the World Conference Center in Bonn, Germany, and online.
The Global Media Forum is hosted by Deutsche Welle (DW) and its partners.
This annual media conference offers a unique opportunity for its participants to network and strengthens relationships with inspiring representatives from a variety of interdisciplinary fields, such as digital media, politics, culture, business, development, and society.
Requirements for the DW Global Media Forum Start-up Contest 2023
- As part of the event, Deutsche Welle welcomes start-ups in media technology and innovation from around the world to participate in the start-up contest@GMF 2023.
- DW is looking for visionaries who can relate to the GMF 2023 theme, Overcoming Divisions.
The 16th DW Global Media Forum is held as an interactive, interdisciplinary conference designed to explore innovative solutions for media professionals. It aims to foster resilient journalism and civil societies in polarizing times – and thus to support universal democratic values.
In order to partake, you should be interested in, or preferably already be working on innovations and trends in one of the following fields:
- News intelligence – how can smart tools support work in the newsroom?
- Media Literacy – how can we develop new tools to increase media literacy and thus prevent the spread of misinformation?
- Civil Society – how can strengthen civil societies be strengthened with innovative tech ideas?
- Internet censorship – how can we detect censorship and online shutdowns while creating better mechanisms and safeguards to ensure freedom of speech?
- Media Production – how can new production tools ensure the resilience of free media in times of crisis and disaster?
- Local means relevant – how can we support and empower local independent media?
This year, the start-up contest@GMF will take place in hybrid form. The majority of the event will be conducted on digital platforms, while certain parts will be produced from the DW broadcasting center in Bonn, Germany. Parts of the event will be broadcast live on Deutsche Welle on two days: June 19 and 20, 2023.
- After the initial application phase, selected start-ups will be invited to participate in the DW incubation program. This includes three days of professional training and preparation for the final pitch session in the run-up to the DW Global Media Forum. The incubation days will take place on April 24 – 27, 2023.
- The start-ups will pitch their projects to our international jury, which will select three finalists. The pitch final will be presented as part of the official GMF conference programme, and will be broadcast in the event stream during the conference
- The winners will get to enjoy global media coverage by DW media as part of the prize. In addition, the winners will also receive professional media training from Deutsche Welle Akademie.
- Meanwhile, all the selected start-ups will be welcomed to participate digitally as delegates at the DW Global Media Forum itself, where some of the most important issues in news and media today are being discussed in an interdisciplinary manner.
Application deadline | 17 April 2023
Incubation Days | 24 to 27 April 2023
Pitch Day (@GMF 2023) | 19 June 2023
Winning Pitches (@GMF 2023) | 20 June 2023
Application Deadline: 17 April 2023