The UNESCO 2023 Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Conservation
Apply now for the UNESCO 2023 Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Conservation on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. Member States and Non-Governmental Organizations holding official partnerships with UNESCO are summoned to submit nominations for the 2023 edition of the UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Conservation.
The aim of the UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Conservation is to afford credit to excellent contributions by individuals, groups of individuals, institutes, or organizations who have contributed to environmental and natural resources research, environmental education and training, creation of environmental awareness through the preparation of environmental information materials and activities aimed at establishing and managing protected areas including in relation to sustainable tourism, such as Biosphere Reserves, natural World Heritage sites, and UNESCO Global Geoparks.
The purpose of the Prize is in accordance with UNESCO’s policies and is related to the Programme of the Organization in the field of environment, natural resources, and education for sustainable development.
Eligibility Conditions for the UNESCO 2023 Sultan Qaboos Prize
To be eligible for the UNESCO 2023 Sultan Qaboos Prize, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Nominations for the Prize can only be made by UNESCO Members States in consultation with their National Commissions and by Non-Governmental Organizations maintaining official partnerships with UNESCO, and active in relevant fields covered by the Prize. Each Member State or NGO may only nominate one candidate.
- Other interested NGOs, research institutions, universities, and individuals, are not eligible to make nominations directly to UNESCO. Therefore, such bodies and individuals are invited to propose their candidate to their country’s National Commission for UNESCO, which may or may not select it as its formal candidature.
- Self-nominations cannot be considered.
- Candidatures should be prepared in English or French. They must include:
- A nomination form (available on this page when a call for nominations is open)
- A recommendation letter from the Member State or NGO
- An endorsement letter from the National Commission of the country concerned.
- Additional information, such as publications, articles, or scientific papers, may also be included in support of each nomination.
The Prize consists of a diploma and a financial reward of US$100,000 and it will be awarded during the World Science Forum in 20
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023