Government Of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships 2023 for International Students
Are you an international student who is looking to acquire a scholarship in Brunei? here you are with another opportunity as;
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a unique scholarship award scheme. The scholarship awards will provide applicants the opportunity to study at the University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB], and Politeknik Brunei (PB). Government Of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships 2023 for International Students
Why study at the University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD]?
Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)is a national research university located in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. It was established in 1985 and has since become the largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and the curriculum offered.
UBD is ranked 86th in Asia by the 2020 QS Asia University Rankings, and 254th in the world by the 2021 QS World University Rankings,
Eligibility for the Government Of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships 2023:
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st of July 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible for Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries
To be Taken at (university):
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees
Eligible Field of Studies: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in various disciplines offered by the UBD, UNISSA, and ITB at different levels.
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Award: Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to the ASEAN region and BND500.00 to the non-ASEAN region.
- Accommodation at the respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospital. However, an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by the scholars themselves.
Method of Application:
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application at: https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
The following supporting documents should be uploaded to the application system:
- Recent passport-size photograph;
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts);
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English;
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport;
- References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
For inquiries, please direct to: queriesBDGS2023@mfa.gov.bn
Application Deadline: 15th February 2023 not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time).