The 2023 CoalitionWILD EXCELerator Programme
The CoalitionWILD EXCELerator program is an intensive 6-month capacity building and leadership development training for young people who have an idea of an environmental project addressing an issue confronting an ecosystem, wildlife, community, culture, or their livelihood. Project ideas can be just that, ideas that they would like to elaborate further in order to begin implementing, but they can also be projects in the early stages of their implementation, or projects that are being implemented in the longer run and that have the potential to scale up.
Selected project ideas can be implemented in any country of the world, and they can verse about any environmentally-related challenge. In recent editions of the program, we have had very mixed projects and ideas, from developing solutions to elephant-human conflicts in Kenya to educating children at schools about the significance of recycling in Ecuador, engaging in the restoration of mangrove forests in the Philippines, or reintroducing manatees in Guadeloupe. During the program, participants are asked to spend time working on their project idea until it can be turned into a practicable and impactful project.
Throughout the program, participants are provided with the technical knowledge and skills required to develop, implement, and communicate their project ideas. Also, they are offered the opportunity to connect with other participants of the cohort who may be developing their projects in a very different reality from theirs and with a very different focus. The program has a significant focus on peer learning and peer support since we believe youth have very appropriate knowledge, experiences, and ideas to bring to the table, and being in a safe space where their contributions are received empowers them to become active leaders in providing solutions and inspiring others to do so too.
The 7th edition of the EXCELerator program will run for six months between November 2023 to April 2023. Participation in the program is 100% virtual and free, and participants can select between two different ways of completing the program depending on their own needs, expectations, and availability: the EXCELerator LIVE program or the EXCELerator FLEX program.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE EXCELerator Programme
- Be 35 years of age or younger at the start of the program (November 2, 2023).
- Have a project idea, a project on its early implementation, or a project with the potential to scale up within the environmental field.
- Have the energy to dedicate to the development of their project idea, thus having the availability of completing the training in any of its modalities.
- Have a computer and reliable internet connection to access the program’s learning platform and be able to watch the recorded sessions (as well as the live sessions, if you are applying for the EXCELerator LIVE program).
- For the EXCELerator LIVE program: Availability to participate in the live sessions throughout the six months of the program, happening on Thursdays between 12.30 to 14.00 UTC.
- Application period: Applications will remain open from September 4 to October 8, 2023. At the end of the application period, the EXCELerator program will send an email to all interested participants to confirm the reception of their applications.
- Review period: Applications will be carefully reviewed by CoalitionWILD’s team from October 9 to October 22, 2023.
- Selection period: Selected and non-selected participants will be reached out about the results of the selection process via email on the week of October 23, 2023.
- Start of the program: The program will officially start in November 2023. Participants undertaking the EXCELerator LIVE program will be invited to participate in the live kick-off session scheduled on Thursday, November 2, 2023, at 12:30 UTC.
Application Deadline: October 8, 2023