The 2023 Esperanza Pertusa Foundation Photography Award
The 2023 Esperanza Pertusa Foundation Photography Award is an international photography contest that aims at growing and recognizing talented photographers around the world. The award is named after the Spanish photographer ‘Esperanza Pertusa’ who was known for her unending ideas for the art of photography and her commitment to social justice. The 2023 Esperanza Pertusa Foundation Photography Award
The contest is available to both amateur and professional photographers, and there is no entry fee. The award recognizes excellence in photography across a scope of categories, including portraiture, landscape, documentary, and conceptual photography.
The main objective of this award is to acknowledge the power of the gaze for social transformation. Therefore, this Prize values the artistic dimension, beauty, and the ability to summon the gaze of the observer. Poverty and beauty: an apparently antagonistic pairing that only the power of Art can thoroughly express.
Requirements for the 2023 Esperanza Pertusa Foundation Photography Award
Applicants must have met the following requirements below before submitting an application
- Photographers of legal age of any nationality from any place of residence may submit for the Esperanza Pertusa Photography Prize original and unpublished works on the subject of poverty and social exclusion, as long as those works have not previously won prizes in other competitions and as long as their publishing rights have not been committed.
- Each participant may present a single work consisting of a photo project that will include the project title, three digital photos, and a descriptive summary of the project.
- The three digital photos will be taken using any technique, in black and white or color, and will relate to the same photo project.
- The summary will be between 200 and 400 words long and must contain the origin of the work and the motivation behind it, as well as any other information deemed relevant.
- First prize: €2,000
- Runner-up 1: €500
- Runner-up 2: €500
Method of Application
Entries will be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Concurso de Fotografía Esperanza Pertusa”.
The inside content of the email will contain the following details:
- Title of the photo project
- Name and surname of the photographer
- National Identity Card (DNI) number or equivalent
- Contact telephone number In attached documents:
- The 3 photographs, will be submitted as individual JPEG files with a minimum resolution of 300 ppi. The photo may not be submitted in zipped format and its size must be between 3 and 8 M.
- The summary of the project, maximum length 400 words. To be submitted in PDF format.
All the parts will share the same photo project title.
Application Deadline: May 24, 2023