The QFFD Sustainability Awards 2023 for Developing Countries
The QFFD Sustainability Awards 2023 for Developing Countries seeks to honor and award outstanding initiatives and interventions that are creating a difference in building sustainable and resilient communities and supporting the shift to sustainable production and consumption patterns. The Award also aims to encourage and highlight the creative potential of local communities and public–private partnerships and solutions that are responding to the opportunities and challenges of sustainability and development.
If you are concerned about participating and building a positive impact on food security in the Least Developed Countries (LDCs), QFFD and Earthna encourage you to submit applications for the Sustainability Awards.
This prestigious award aims to recognize and support initiatives that contribute to combatting the global climate change crisis and promoting sustainability, with a specific emphasis on addressing the critical issue of food security. The Award is to be presented in a special segment during the Qatar National Dialogue on Climate Change held at The International Horticultural Expo 2023.
- The theme for the 2023 QFFD Sustainability Award is “Food Security”.
- Eligible programs or projects should aspire to assure sustainable access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food for all, and/or enhance agricultural productivity and incomes of small-scale food producers in a sustainable manner or contribute to enhancing the sustainability of food production systems or consumption.
- Sustainability, as defined for the purpose of this award, encompasses multiple dimensions. Successful programs or projects should demonstrate economic sustainability i.e., self-sustaining. They should also provide broad-based benefits for society, promoting social sustainability.
- Furthermore, they should have a positive or neutral impact on the natural environment and climate, aligning with principles of environmental sustainability.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE QFFD SUSTAINABILITY AWARDS 2023
- The program or project must be implemented in a Least Developed Country (LDC).
- The program or project must be implemented by a Civil Society Organization (CSO) originating from an LDC, emphasizing localization support.
- Only organizations are eligible to apply; individuals cannot apply.
- Nominations are open to all organizations, but final eligibility is subject to exemption by the Award Committee. Only non-governmental civil society organizations originating in LDCs are eligible.
- The program or project must demonstrate tangible impacts; proofs of concept are not supported.
- The program or project must have been launched no earlier than six years prior to the application for the awards.
- The program or project must be either currently active or have concluded within the awards year.
- Programs and projects must align with the theme of the Award year, focusing on “Food Security.”
- The QFFD Sustainability Award will be presented during a special segment at QF’s annual Qatar Climate Change Conference.
- A QFFD representative will present the award to the selected recipient.
MERITS OF AWARD
GRANT AND RECOGNITION
- The award recipient will acquire a monetary grant value of $20,000 USD.
- Ornamented or engraved plaques will be given to the award recipients.
- The initiative or project will be recognized through media coverage, including social media posts and the designated awards website.
- To showcase successful programs or projects, the winning organization will be urged to provide media content such as images, videos, and infographics that are relevant to their initiatives. This media content will serve as visual representations of the impact and progress achieved.
- Publicizing Initiatives: QFFD and QF may feature and share the provided media content on their official website, social media platforms, and newsletters. This will enable wider visibility and recognition for successful programs or projects, amplifying their achievements and inspiring others in the field of sustainable development.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023