The 2023 Taiwan International Student Design Competition
Apply now for the 2023 Taiwan International Student Design Competition on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Ministry of Education (MOE) has been employing existing resources in schools to encourage young talents in the fields of arts and design since 2003. Adding to enforcing the ”MOE Program in Human Resource Development for Colleges of Arts and Design”, the MOE, since 2005, has formed the ”MOE Scholarship Program for Overseas Study in Arts and Design” as well as the ”MOE Award Incentive Program” to promote college students to partake in international arts and design competitions.
From 2010, the ”Taiwan International Student Design Competition” is held after the ”Taiwan International Design Competition–The Student Section” in 2008 and 2009. It incorporates the competitive edges of MOE art and designs talent-fostering programs. By hosting international student design competitions, ”Taiwan International Design Competition-The Student Section”, additionally promotes art and design students worldwide to partake in contests, which can use media and advertisements to enhance Taiwan. The program allows international judges or panelists and award winners to advertise the successes of Taiwan’s art and design education programs.
The creative design of the competition theme “One World” should be expressed in the participating entries.
- Product Design
- Visual Design
- Digital Animation
- Promote international creative design exchange,
- Develop creative design talents,
- Express the international image of Taiwan attach great importance to creative design,
- Establish the international design status of Taiwan.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Taiwan International Student Design Competition
Students who currently enroll in senior high schools or above (Based on the internet registration deadline;
- The participant must be born after April 28, 1992, and be younger than 30 years of age.
- Females who have given birth before year 30 may have a 2-year extension per birth.
- Fresh graduates (who graduated in 2022) are also eligible.
Product Design, Visual Design, and Digital Animation Category
- Grand Prix (1 winner): NT$400,000 (approx. US$14,000), an awarding cup, and a certificate
- Gold Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup, and a certificate
- Silver Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup, and a certificate
- Bronze Prize (3 winners for each category): NT$60,000 (approx. US$2,000), an awarding cup, and a certificate
- Honorable Mention Prize (several winners for each category): NT$10,000 (approx. US$350) and a certificate
- International Design Association Special Prize: NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,500), an awarding cup, and a certificate
- Brand Specified Special Prize: Environmental Sustainability Award (3 winners) (Sponsored by TPCA Environment Foundation) NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,500), an awarding cup and a certificate
A. Preliminary Selection
The evaluation will be based on the digital files offered by the participants. The evaluation committee would choose finalists for the final selection.
B. Final Selection
Finalists in the Product Design, Visual Design category, and Brand Specified categories will be judged in accordance with the printout works submitted by the participants. In the Digital Animation category, the nominated films will be evaluated according to the digital files.
The design works will be judged on their creativity, interpretation of the theme, expression of the concept, and aesthetic approach. Domestic and international experts in different fields will be invited to arrange the preliminary and final selection committee to process the evaluation.
|A.||Product Design Category:
Creativity: 50%; Thematic: 30%; Design Presentation: 20%
|B.||Visual Design Category:
Creativity: 50%; Thematic: 30%; Composition and Aesthetics: 20%
|C.||Digital Animation Category:
Creativity: 50%; Aesthetics: 30%; Thematic: 20%
- Online Registration and Online Work Submission Deadline: May 15, 2023, to July 15, 2023, 23:59 (Taipei: GMT+08:00)
- Preliminary Selection: Late August 2023
- Finalists Announcement: Mid-September, 2023
- Delivery Deadline for Final Selection Submission: Related information and the deadline will be noticed in the finalist announcement.
- Final Selection: Early October 2023
- Award Ceremony and Exhibition: Early November 2023
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023