The 2023 TechCrunch Startup Battlefield 200 for African Startups
The 2023 TechCrunch Startup Battlefield 200 for African Startups will fetch the top 200 African startups from across the continent. Past a sequence of rigid judging rounds, the best startups will be chosen to project their ideas to a panel of judges and a live audience. The finalists will have the chance to acquire media coverage from TechCrunch and its partners, win prizes, and obtain mentorship from the TechCrunch team. The startups will also acquire access to a global network of investors and potential customers.
The top 200 startups will be decided based on their innovative solutions to everyday problems in Africa, the potential to rise their business, and the power to make an impact in the African tech ecosystem. The 200 startups will be divided into four regions: Southern, Eastern, Western, and Central Africa. Each region will have 50 startups. The finalists will be decided from a combination of online applications and in–person events hosted by TechCrunch. The winning startup will acquire media coverage and a $100,000 prize. The second and third-place winners will receive $50,000 and $25,000 each. TechCrunch is engaged in assisting African entrepreneurs and helping them bring their ideas to life.
SB 200 is the world’s startup prominent competition, and it has a global reach. The inaugural cohort, which debuted last year at Disrupt 2022, comprised three impressive early-stage startups from two African nations. The 2023 TechCrunch Startup Battlefield 200 for African Startups
SB 200 membership has its privileges, the first of which is the highly coveted TechCrunch seal of approval. Then there’s intense (and invaluable) investor and media interest. The SB 200 founders also receive a plethora of free perks, benefits, and opportunities.
Requirements for the 2023 Startup Battlefield 200
- Access to Disrupt — including four additional passes and VIP access to all the presentations, breakouts, and roundtables.
- Exclusive workshops and masterclasses — SB 200 founders will enjoy workshops in the weeks leading up to Disrupt. They also receive special pitch training from TechCrunch staff and one free year of TechCrunch+ membership.
- The flash pitch at Disrupt — That special training will come in handy when you step onto the Showcase Stage and pitch in front of investors and TechCrunch editors. Receive invaluable feedback and — who knows? You might even catch an investor’s interest.
- Exhibition space on the show floor — The SB 200 will be the only early-stage startup allowed to exhibit at Disrupt.
- Saving the best for last — All SB 200 founders have a shot at competing for $100,000 in the Startup Battlefield pitch competition. TechCrunch editors will select 20 startups from the SB 200 to be Startup Battlefield Finalists. Founders from those 20 companies will be featured on TechCrunch, receive private pitch coaching, and then pitch live onstage in front of the entire Disrupt audience. The ultimate winner takes home the $100,000 equity-free, no-strings-attached prize money, and all the glory.
- If you’re on the fence about applying, listen to Inside Startup Battlefield, our four-part podcast that explains why the Startup Battlefield competition remains the best place for you to launch your product. You’ll get an insider view of the benefits you could reap if you’re selected.
For questions and inquiries regarding this article, Truesport.com urges you to send a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023