The 2023 U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program for Nigerian Students
The U-save Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria. Founded in May 2020, U-Save operates to supply access to safe drinking water, and proper sanitation facilities and enhance hygiene practices in Nigeria through, consultations, direct project execution, awareness campaigns, advocacy, capacity building, and research. It aims to build, nurture and initiate the spirit of volunteerism among youths directed at enhancing WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) practices in Nigeria. The 2023 U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program for Nigerian Students
Are you passionate about making a difference in Nigeria’s water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector and Climate resilience? Do you want to gain valuable training, experience, and support to contribute to positive change in the lives of others? If so, the U-Save Fellowship program is perfect for you!
The U-Save Fellowship Program seeks to create a new system by advancing young leaders focused on their foundation’s vision. The program concentrates on improving WASH and Climate Change capacity through medium- and long-term training opportunities. By pinpointing specific areas of need within the WASH sector, U-Save offers comprehensive and tailored training to tackle the challenges head-on.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program
To be eligible for the 2023 U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Applicants must be residents of Abuja for the 2023 cohort.
- Applicants should have a graduate degree (HND/BSc) in any field.
- Applicants should have 1-2 years of volunteering experience for social projects.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Applicants should be available to participate fully in the program for six months.
- Applicants should show the potential to implement WASH and Climate Change programs that can impact their communities upon completion.
- Comprehensive Training: The fellowship program provides in-depth hybrid training for 6 months to prepare fellows with the required skills and knowledge to fight public health threats in WASH and Climate Change.
- Long-term Engagement: Sustainable change requires a long-term commitment. Fellows will have the opportunity to engage in extended training programs to enhance their expertise and drive meaningful impact.
- Targeted Areas of Need: Our program identifies key areas within the WASH and Climate Change sector that require immediate attention. Fellows will receive specialized training to address these critical issues and make a lasting difference.
- Networking and Collaboration: Fellows will become part of a vibrant community of like-minded individuals, facilitating networking and collaboration opportunities with professionals, experts, and organizations working in the field.
The U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program will travel for six (6) months, offering fellows comprehensive training and support. The exact period will rely on the exact training track and identified needs within the WASH sector. Fellows will employ a variety of theoretical learning, practical fieldwork, and mentorship to grow their learning experience.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023