The 2023 UNESCO Mid-Level Professionals Programme
Building the transition to a mid-level professional role in an international organization is an important step in a person’s career development. In recognition of this, UNESCO has established the Mid-Level Professionals Programme to offer an opportunity for young professionals to acquire valuable experience and skills in an international organization.
The Mid-Level Professionals Programme (MLPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented and highly qualified mid-level professionals who desire to start and/or extend their careers as International Civil Servants at UNESCO.
The positions open for the MLPP 2023 are listed below:
- MLPP 2023_Liaison Officer (Asia & the Pacific) – Paris, France
- MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Water Quality) – Paris, France
- MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Education) – Rabat, Morocco
- MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Education) – Yaounde, Cameroon
- MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Education) – Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Education) – New Delhi, India
- MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Education) – Dakar, Senegal
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 UNESCO MID-LEVEL PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME
- Applicant must be a national of a UNESCO Member State. Qualified candidates from non- and under-represented Member States are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The MLPP selection process is based on the standard UNESCO recruitment process. Standard educational and work experience requirements for professional positions at P-3 and P-4 level apply.
- P-3: Minimum 4 years, of which preferably 2 years acquired at international level. Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in the relevant field.
- P-4: Minimum 7 years, of which preferably 3 years at international level. Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in the relevant field.
- Candidates should display an excellent knowledge of at least one working language of the Secretariat (English or French). A good knowledge of the other working language is an asset, or in some cases, is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Russian, or Spanish could be required or would be an additional asset.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Positions in the MLPP are advertised for two months.
- Before applying, check the requirements carefully to confirm that you are eligible and qualified.
- Note that all candidates must complete an online application and provide complete and comprehensive information.
- No changes can be made to the application once submitted.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023