The 2023 UNFCCC CAPACITY Fellowship Programme for Young Professionals
Apply now for the 2023 UNFCCC CAPACITY Fellowship Programme for Young Professionals on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the Internet. The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the priority of the political process to tackle Climate Change. The UNFCCC secretariat supports the Convention, its Kyoto Protocol, and the historic Paris Agreement through a scope of activities, including substantive and organizational support to meetings of the Parties and the implementation of commitments. It is a vigorous organization operating in a politically challenging environment to support and resolve one of the defining environmental issues of our time.
Gratitude to funding from the Government of Italy, the UNFCCC secretariat is establishing a fresh round of the Capacity Award Programme to Advance Capabilities and Institutional Training in One Year (CAPACITY) Fellowship Programme with the purpose of extending the capacity of negotiators and therefore improving the level of implementation of the Paris Agreement.
ALSO TRENDING: The 2023 Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy for Nigerian Youths
The CAPACITY Fellowship Programme adds to building capacity for tackling climate change in Small Islands Developing States (SIDS) and Least Developed Countries (LDCs), through the development of local professional expertise by:
a. Supporting innovative analytical work on climate change in the context of sustainable development
b. Promoting a network of experts who can bring creative and innovative options to bear on questions of climate change
c. Encouraging the leadership potential of young and promising professionals in their fields.
The Programme planned group consists of mid-career professionals who are already in government employment and who are nationals of and functioning in a SIDS or LDC Party. While Fellowships are granted to individuals, the need for development/training, as described below, must happen within the context of the organization for which an applicant works. The training must help the organization to develop its capacity.
Requirements for the 2023 UNFCCC CAPACITY Fellowship Programme:
Educational background Required:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communications, engineering, natural sciences, business administration, social sciences, international relations, or a related discipline.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Two (2) years of relevant professional working experience in intergovernmental administration, including coordinating and liaising with various senior-level stakeholders is desirable.
- Experience in climate change and sustainable development would be a strong asset.
Language skills Required:
- Desired: Proficiency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of another UN official language.
The Fellowship Programme is available to individuals who
a. Currently employed in a governmental organization (national, regional, provincial, or local) including educational institutions, research institutes, and ministries.
b. Nationals of an eligible LDC and SIDS country and (UN members only).
c. Maximum of 40 years of age at the closing date of Fellowship Opportunity notice;
2. The secretariat will consider candidates only from SIDS or LDC Parties with a view to ensuring gender balance in the selection of candidates.
Method of Application
Candidates from SIDS and LDCs, whose qualifications and experience match what we are looking for, should use the online application system available at http://unfccc.int/secretariat/employment/recruitment.
Kindly note that
- This Programme is not planned for students and does not give financial support for an advanced degree, such as fieldwork for a PhD degree
- UNFCCC will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates who have been confirmed for an interview will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
- The monthly stipend including allowances is EUR 4500
- The UNFCCC Secretariat will organize the return trip to Bonn
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO