The 2023 Wema Bank/EDC/Mastercard Foundation Transforming Nigerian Youths Program
The 2023 Wema Bank/EDC/Mastercard Foundation Transforming Nigerian Youths Program is a unique initiative that aims to tackle the socio–economic challenges confronting young Nigerian students. The Program aims to empower young people to become informed and active citizens in their communities and to take charge of their financial and social future.
Wema Bank in collaboration with Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), Pan Atlantic University, and Mastercard Foundation, brings the “Transforming Nigerian Youths Program”.
The Transforming Nigerian Youths program seeks to build a network of entrepreneurial and managerial change-makers especially youths and women across the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector in Nigeria.
The following are the core objectives of the program:
- To completely transform the mindset of youths in Nigeria to become more entrepreneurial, and to equip them to be self-employed or job creators.
- To create market access and provide support services to existing business owners, especially those being run by young people.
- Change the way learning or information is received in Nigeria
- Entries open for female entrepreneurs ages 18-35
- Capacity building at no cost
- Mentorship by industry leaders
- Access to markets
- Dedicated/Personalized Business Support
- Seed Funding
- Opportunity to Win grants of up to N500,000