The 2024 KAAD Scholarship Programme
Apply now for the 2024 KAAD Scholarship Programme on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. KAAD is the scholarship organisation of the Catholic Church in Germany for postgraduates and academics from (advancing) countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. By offering scholarships, educational events and personal and spiritual guidance, it assists its scholarship holders in view of their future multiplying activities in their home countries.
This scholarship is carried out in cooperation with partner committees and associations of former scholarship holders in these countries, with the purpose of (academic) network building and a contribution to holistic development that includes the religious and inter-religious dimension.
The KAAD Germany Scholarship Program aims at post-graduates and academics staying in their home countries with prior professional experience. The focus is on postgraduate studies or research stays in Germany. Administered by regional partner committees, the program underlines documents submitted to the applicant’s home country committee.
In order to be eligible for the KAAD Germany Scholarship, candidates must:
- Come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America.
- Have a university degree and professional experience from their home country.
- Desire to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or engage in a post-doctoral research project at a German university.
- Be Catholic Christian (or generally belong to a Christian denomination). However, candidates from other religions can apply if proposed by Catholic partners.
- Possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD provides a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Applicants given KAAD Germany scholarships under S1 receive support for Visa formalities, accommodation, flights to and from Germany, language training in Germany before their studies, and more.
- KAAD’s mission is to provide scholarships mainly to lay members of the Catholic Church. This means, that – There is a preference for Catholic applicants.
- However, among the scholars, there is a limited number of: Protestant Christians, Orthodox Christians (especially from Ethiopia)and Muslims.
- Catholic priests and religious people are eligible only in very rare cases.
EXPECTATIONS FROM KAAD
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2024.