The African Continental Free Trade Area Internship Programme
Apply now for the African Continental Free Trade Area Internship Programme on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) is the world’s largest free trade area bringing together the 55 countries of the African Union (AU) and eight (8) Regional Economic Communities (RECs). The general mandate of the AfCFTA is to build a single continental market with a population of about 1.3 billion people and a unque GDP of approximately US$ 3.4 trillion. The aim is to enable the free flow of goods and services across the continent and enhance the trading position of Africa in the global market.
The AfCFTA is one of the flagship projects of Agenda 2063 of the African Union (AU): The Africa We Want, the AU’s long-term development strategy for transforming the continent into a global powerhouse.
The AfCFTA would take delight in offering an opportunity to students who have adequate knowledge and skills in needed areas to work as interns (for a specified period) and acquire some practical experience and international exposure.
The internship program is organized to bring highly qualified and motivated students with different backgrounds into the Secretariat to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretariat and to support the corporate functions of the Secretariat. It’s major goal is to provide successful candidates the opportunity to enhance their analytical and technical skills in an international environment. The program is basically educational and aims to expose participants (interns) to the workings of the AfCFTA at an early stage and strengthen their personal and early professional skills. It will provide an avenue for participants to obtain exposure and some hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in a multi-cultural environment.
1. To provide students the opportunity to gain an exposure to the work done at AfCFTA
2. To offer a learning platform to students who qualify to serve as interns
3. To provide students, the opportunity of experiencing, first hand, the work of one of the ambitious projects of the African Union
4. To promote the AfCFTA to the general public, especially the youth and encourage them to work hard towards achieving their aims of working with International Organizations
- Internship Program: Finance, Accounting, Audit
- Internship Program: Management, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Communication
- Internship Program: Project Management, M & E, International Public Policy, International Relations
- Internship Program: International Trade, International Trade Law, Law, Economics
- Internship Program: IT, Digital Application, Digital Policy
- The African Continental Free Trade Area Internship Programme
Below are guidelines on eligibility the AfCFTA:
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Audit or related fields.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
1. Application for admission to the AfCFTA Secretariat Internship Program are submitted online.
2. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in.
3. You are urged to provide as much relevant information as possible.
4. Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or identity card
- A letter of motivation
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrollment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
The selection process consists of four main stages:
- Application and cover letter should be addressed to the Administration and Human Resources Directorate of the Secretariat
- Pre-screening: all applications are screened, and suitable candidates placed on a shortlist made available to AfCFTA Secretariat Directorates;
- Interview and/or Written Test: hiring teams may invite candidates to complete a telephone interview and/or written test;
- Offer letter: A candidate who is selected following a telephone interview and/or written test will receive an e-mail with an internship offer letter from AHRM Directorate
Verifiable references will be required.
For each period, confirmation of interns will be done, solely based on business needs.
The maximum duration of the internship program is 6 months.
Applications must be submitted no later than October 31, 2023 11h59 p.m. UTC.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023 11h59 p.m. UTC.