The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2023
Apply now for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Program 2023 on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Friedrich–Ebert–Stiftung (FES) is presenting a scholarship program for the academic year 2023 to a select group of students from around the world.
At the time when Friedrich Ebert was elected as the first president of the Weimar Republic, it was almost unbelievable for talented children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds to study at universities or partake in research programmes. With the foundation of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in 1925, the first scholarships were granted to particularly talented young individuals from a working-class milieu who were taking an active part in the young democracy of the Weimar Republic.
In order to tackle social disadvantages by assisting students who actively work for freedom, justice, and social cohesion in their commitment to social democracy, or will do so in the future, continues to be one of the aims of the FES.
For the FES, service to the common good deserves recognition. It is therefore not only the applicants’ academic achievement but their social and political involvement and personal attitudes that play an important part in the selection process.
This 2023, about 2.700 students and postgraduates will acquire a grant from FES.
The FES also supports foreign applicants who are already studying, or doing their postgraduate studies, in Germany at the time of application. Up to 40 students from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe may qualify for the scholarship programme every year with the exception of those who are already receiving some support from public sources.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE FREDRICH-EBERT-STIFTUNG SCHOLARSHIP 2023
The FES supports
- All academic subjects
- Students from public or state-approved universities and from universities of applied sciences/polytechnical colleges (FH)
- Postgraduate programmes(PhD)
The FES does not support
- Second-degree courses
- Study visits outside Germany
- final phases of academic studies
- postgraduate courses in medicine
MERITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
Foreign scholarship holders receive:
- 934 € per month (basic scholarship programme) / 1.200 € per month (graduate scholarship programme)
- 276 € of family allowance, if applicable
- refund of health care costs
- any income exceeding 400 € per month will be credited against the scholarship.
FES expects scholarship holders:
- To participate in extra-curricular seminars and activities of FES campus groups on a regular basis
- To achieve above-average results in their degree courses
- To continue and intensify their socio-political commitment.
At the end of each term, a semester report has to be submitted to FES which describes the scholarship holder’s current academic performance and his/her social engagement.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- DURATION OF APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- METHODS OF APPLICATION:
Please use the “Online-Bewerbung” on the Internet in German only! supplementary sheet
2. Individual Interviews
In the second step, selected candidates will be invited to two individual interviews. The first interview will be conducted by one of the lecturers from the FES, and the second interview by one of the members of the FES scholarship committee (AWA). Two reports are written on the basis of these interviews and presented to the AWA.
3. Discussion and final decision by the AWA
The AWA will eventually make a final decision about your application. The AWA is an independent body composed of university lecturers as well as other persons from the fields of science, politics, art and media. The committee meets at least three times a year. The AWA will discuss every application at great length and then make the final decision.
4. Written Notification
You will be informed of the AWA’s decision.