The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University 2024
The Knight–Hennessy Scholars Program is organized to prepare a new generation of global leaders to address the increasingly complex challenges of the 21st century.
For the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, every year up to 90 high-achieving students who are independent thinkers, display purposeful leadership, and have a civic orientation will receive full funding to pursue a graduate education at Stanford.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will yearly recognize a group of 100 high-achieving students from around the world with established leadership and civic commitment to acquire full funding to pursue a wide-ranging graduate education at Stanford, with the goal of developing a new generation of global leaders.
The Stanford education of Knight-Hennessy Scholars is fully funded.
- Full funding includes tuition, stipend, graduate program and related academic expenses, with additional financial support available.
- Pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, from PhDs in arts, education, engineering, humanities, or social sciences to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine.
- Build skills in leadership and communication that will empower you to work across disciplines and to scale creative solutions for complex challenges.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE KNIGHT-HENNESSY SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- The organisers encourage applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from citizens of all countries. That’s natural since we expect Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have global impact.
- Must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DFA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- Also, if you earned your bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later, you are eligible to apply (2012 or later for US Military).
DURATION OF PROGRAM
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program funds up to the first three years of your graduate education, and if your degree program exceeds three years – such as an MD or PhD program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program – then your Stanford home department will fund the remainder of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program. (That is, e.g., six years for PhDs in engineering, five years for PhDs in humanities.)
1. INDEPENDENCE OF THOUGHT
- First-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguous situations
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
2. PURPOSEFUL LEADERSHIP
- Ambitious, in the best sense of the word
- Driven to improve self
- Willing to take risks
- Persists and bounces back from adversity
3. CIVIC MINDSET
- Personally humble and kind
- Respects differences
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Low ego
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
TRUESPORT.COM.NG HIGHLY URGE THAT YOU APPLY USING A CURRENT VERSION OF GOOGLE CHROME OR MOZILLA FIREFOX
Application Deadline: October 11, 2023