The NNPC/SPDC/Total Energies/NAOC JV University Scholarship Award for Undergraduates
Apply now for the NNPC/SPDC/Total Energies/NAOC JV University Scholarship Award for Undergraduates on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) in the implementation of its Social Investment programme in Education, which seeks to enhance academic excellence and promote the employability of young Nigerians, welcomes applications from appropriately qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full Time academic studies in the 2021/2022 session, to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme.
This merit-based scholarship is in 2 categories:
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is committed to data privacy.
Processing of Personal Data Collected by SPDC.
- Personal data collected by SPDC will be used exclusively for the purpose of selection of candidates for scholarship awards. The information will not be used for an incompatible purpose.
- SPDC is the Controller for the processing of your personal data.
- SPDC will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose identified above or for compliance with the law. SPDC will not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- In the event the personal data needs to be processed by, transferred to or exchanged with a third party, appropriate contractual safeguards will be put in place to ensure that the third party will take adequate measures to safeguard the privacy of the data.
- As a data subject, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is processed in order to comply with a legal obligation to be used for the purpose for which you have given your implied consent.
- SPDC will only retain the data for as long as it is necessary to serve the purpose of collection or to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law or to protect the rights of SPDC, its affiliates or the data subject concerned.
- We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use.
For inquiries or concerns, please contact: SPDC-SI-Scholarships@shell.com
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE NNPC/SPDC/TOTAL ENERGIES/NAOC JV UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level or possess proof of admission into the Undergraduate programme in the 2021/2022 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International
- SPDC-JV does not demand payment from applicants. (The application is entirely FREE of charge)
- SPDC-JV does not assign Representatives or Agents to assist applicants in processing application
- Applications open on the 26th of July 2023 and close on the 23rd of August 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
Assure you have clear scanned copies of the documents below before uploading:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px)
- School ID card
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
- JAMB Result
- Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- All applicants should have a personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent communication)
- All applications must be processed online, via the “APPLY NOW“ button below
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
4. The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
6. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents
7. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW, TO APPLY:
- Click on “Register” to create an account using your SPDC email address.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, educational information, bank account information, and other information, and upload the required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload a photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSPDCJV2023 to return to the SPDC application site
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and an SMS that confirms your application was successful.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2023