The Obama Foundation 2023 Freedom Summer Grant Program
Apply now for the Obama Foundation 2023 Freedom Summer Grant Program on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Freedom Summer 2023 is a scheme from the Obama Foundation’s My Brother’s Keeper Alliance. The $1 million grant program is planned to aid local organizations that are working to minimize violence in Chicago communities this summer by making and expanding spaces and programming where boys and young men of color can safely learn, play, and engage. The Obama Foundation 2023 Freedom Summer Grant Program
Freedom Summer is anchored to the MBK Alliance’s sixth milestone, that all youth should remain secure from violent crime. Following a report by the University of Chicago’s Crime Lab, violent crime in Chicago rises during the hot summer months: There are almost twice as many shootings on days over 85 degrees as there are on days under 50 degrees. Freedom Summer seeks to help local organizations as they try to engage youth and contribute to a downturn in violence this summer.
Requirements for the Obama Foundation 2023 Freedom Summer Grant Program
- Eligible Freedom Summer applicants must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or a sponsored project of a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor with a valid sponsorship agreement in place.
- The MBK Alliance is looking to support projects that will have a potentially lifesaving impact on boys and young men of color this summer.
- Freedom Summer applications will be evaluated based on whether or not the eligible applicant’s project proposal aligns with the mission of Freedom Summer.
- Project proposals should be able to measure their projected impact on boys and young men of color and focus on executing creative ways to keep youth engaged and safe this summer.
Value of Award: Each Freedom Summer awardee will receive a $30,000 grant.
Method of Application
To apply for the grant, eligible organizations must provide:
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status or partnership agreement
- A short narrative describing the proposed project that meets the mission of Freedom Summer
- An explanation of how the project will impact the lives of boys and young men of color and how the organization will measure success
- A signed letter of support (from the CEO or Senior Executive) that details an overview of the programming that the funds will cover and describes any relationships or partnerships that will support the effort
- A simple budget indicating expected expenses
- Age group to be supported by the application
- The neighborhood or community the project will serve
Application Deadline: May 8, 2023