The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals 2024
The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals 2024 is here for students who want to add to the sustainable development of their home country, it is also available for students who are looking for an international experience. The Swedish Institute grants academic scholarships for master’s studies to global professionals from 41 countries.
The Swedish Institute (SI) is currently introducing the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS). The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) Programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will add to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is financed by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and regulated by the Swedish Institute (SI).
The programme provides a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to create a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other. The main goal of this programme is to get the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live.
SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2024.
To be eligible for the Swedish Institute Scholarship, applicants must have met the conditions below:
- Have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- Be from an eligible country
- Display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- Be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes.
- Have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.
The scholarship for Global Professionals is a highly competitive fully-funded scholarship that contans:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 12,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 (SEK 10,000 for scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine). This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a full member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a special opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
- The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
THE SCHOLARSHIP DOES NOT COVER
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships is organized for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only granted for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses or credits.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
The application procedure consists of the following steps:
- Apply for a master’s programme
- Apply for a SISGP scholarship in February 2024
- Notifications from University Admissions
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients
- Go to UniversityAdmissions.se and apply for your master’s programme(s) by 15 January 2024 or kindly click on the ‘apply now’ link below
- 16 October – 15 January: Apply to Swedish master’s programmes through University Admissions.
- November: SI Scholarship application documents are published.
- 12 – 28 February: Application portal for the SI Scholarship is open.
- 21 March – University admissions announcement day.
- 25 April: SI Scholarship announcement day.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2023 – 15 January 2024.
- Apply for an SI Scholarships for Global Professionals 12th February 2024. follow the instructions below.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024.