The University of Queensland Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
The University of Queensland Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 is an all–expenses paid, one–year program at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, designed for students with a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. Students acquire mentoring and assistance to develop their entrepreneurial skills and learn about emerging technologies, global business development, and successful strategies for launching new products and services.
The University of Queensland Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship is available to both domestic and international students who wish to study Computer science and IT, Engineering, Science, and mathematics.
This scholarship was founded in 2019 by Andrew and Paula Liveris and is maintained by the income generated from an endowed fund.
$10,000 per annum. You may also receive up to $10,000 for travel support for approved Gap Semester, exchange, or internship opportunities.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND LIVERIS ACADEMY UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP 2023
To be eligible for the Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2023, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Will complete, or have completed, year 12 in the two-year period prior to the year of the award (2022, 2023)
- Have completed no more than one semester towards the following programs in the year of award:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- An engineering-integrated program
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- A dual program including one of these programs; or
- Have not undertaken any tertiary study at Bachelor level or high prior to enrolling in the approved program (special studies not included)
- Do not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
What happens next
- We’ll acknowledge your application by email. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, email email@example.com
- If you’re considered eligible, we’ll forward your application to a selection panel to review.
- If you’re selected, we will notify you in writing to organize an interview.
- Evidence of academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an approved program
- Quality of the short video and essay
- Evidence of personal qualities including:
- leadership potential, community service, and/or engagement
- alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy
- demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated a strength of interest in undertaking co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- Any other matter the selection committee considers to be relevant to your future success at UQ and in your subsequent career.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
- A cover letter
- Your resume
- A copy of your semester 2 Year 11 report and your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent) or most recent university transcript if already attending UQ
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
Apply using the online application form.
You’ll also be asked to prepare a short video that’s no longer than 1 minute and to respond to a few short answer questions to show how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2023