2023 Africa Young Innovators for Health Award 2023 for African Innovators
The Africa Young Innovators for Health Award is the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA) and Speak Up Africa‘s flagship program concentrated on sustaining young health entrepreneurs across Africa with the tools needed to progress in promising healthcare solutions for the betterment of their communities.
Established in 2021, the first edition of the Award concentrated on solutions that supported, prepared, protected, and trained healthcare workers operating tirelessly to protect and treat the public amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the second edition of the Award, it aims to find and nurture health innovations that will assist us to get closer to the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
ALSO TRENDING: The 2023 UNFCCC CAPACITY Fellowship Programme for Young Professionals
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Africa Young Innovators for Health Award 2023
To be eligible for the 2023 Africa Young Innovators for Health Award 2023, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Be a young African innovator
- Aged 21 to 35
- Have already developed a minimum viable healthcare product/service (or are in the process of developing such a product or service) that adds to accomplishing UHC by:
- Increasing the population coverage (how many people and/or who receive services or products (for example, youth, women, children, and rural communities…), and/or
- Increasing the service coverage (i.e what health services are available), and/or
- Improving the cost-effectiveness of healthcare delivery, and/or
- In any other way, helps achieve Universal Healthcare Coverage.
IF YOU ARE INNOVATING FOR BETTER HEALTH OUTCOMES AND FIT THE CRITERIA ABOVE, APPLY NOW. IT’S A GAME-CHANGING OPPORTUNITY!
In support of gender equality we are ensuring that both genders will benefit equally from the Award program, this means two men and two women will be selected for the first and second prizes:
Funding totaling $90,000.
2 X First prizes of $30,000 and 2 X Second prizes of $15,000
A three-month business mentorship program from prominent business leaders
Access to a network of supporters and partners working across healthcare, technology, and media
Expert advice on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and any legal aspects by Adams & Adams
Media training, increased PR, and press opportunities to present your innovation to a global audience
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO