2023 Sexual and Reproductive Rights Scholarships at University of Pretoria in South Africa
Apply now for the 2023 Sexual and Reproductive Rights Scholarships at University of Pretoria in South Africa on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa, is calling for applications for the degree in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA) for the Class of 2023.
The main objective of the scholarship is aimed at supporting the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme of the Centre in ways that develop a distinct focus on interrogating culture and/or criminalization as part of broader discourses on sexual and/ or reproductive rights in the African region. The comprehensive scholarships cover tuition fees, travel, living expenses, and ancillary costs.
Eligibility for the 2023 Sexual and Reproductive Rights Scholarships:
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or closely related to, the field of sexual and reproductive rights
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent proficiency in academic research
- Demonstrable interest and expertise in sexual and reproductive rights
- Some familiarity with the African human rights system
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Value of Program: Successful candidates will be expected to reside in Pretoria (South Africa) for the three-year period of the scholarship, and to contribute to the work of the Centre (for about 25 hours per week). The duration of residence would ideally start in May 2023.
Method of Application: The application must include the following:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Brief motivation for applying for the scholarship, referring to the ‘minimum requirements’ above;
- Proposal of about 3 to 5 pages of the prospective LLD/DPhil research (succinctly setting out the research problem; the research question(s) to be addressed; the proposed research methods/ methodology; and demonstrating familiarity with the most salient literature);
- A sample of writing by the candidate in the area of sexual and/or reproductive rights; and
- Copies of relevant post-graduate degree(s) and related academic transcript(s).
All applications and inquiries should be directed to
Dr. Satang Nabaneh at email@example.com no later than 15 March 2023.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2023