2024 NDDC Foreign/Local Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) presents Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students from the Niger Delta to study abroad. The scheme is placed to give training in order to empower Niger Delta citizens with the proper training and skills for adequate participation in the local content programme of the current administration as well as to compete globally in different professional fields.
As part of the Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is beginning the 2024 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme, to empower Niger Deltans with appropriate training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields. 2024 NDDC Foreign/Local Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
- First degree with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
ONLINE APPLICATION ON THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE
1. Shortlist candidates using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree (1st Class/Second Class Upper)
- Local Government Identification
2. Computer Based Test to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics and General Paper.
3. Score a minimum of 70% on the test.
4. Shortlist Successful Candidates.
5. Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Postgraduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Application must be made online at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments
- Successfully completed application forms will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
Director of Education, NDDC
Application Deadline: November 8, 2023.