The 2024 Atlas Corps Fellowship for Communications and Digital Marketing Professionals
The 2024 Atlas Corps Fellowship for Communications and Digital Marketing Professionals is a one–year professional development program that offers an opportunity for mid–career professionals to obtain experience working within nonprofit organizations.
The Atlas Corps Fellowship engages global professionals committed to social impact in 12-18 months of service with organizations in the U.S. to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to build a network of global leaders.
Atlas Corps is receiving applications from communications and digital marketing professionals to be assessed for the Fellowship. Fellows will develop their skills by operating at mission-driven organizations to produce engaging content, manage social media, and develop marketing campaigns to improve visibility and engagement. These Fellows will also support the Atlas Corps mission of strengthening U.S.-based organizations by contributing their international perspective and expertise to advancing social impact goals. Candidates may use their skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Brand and Social Media Management: Managing social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram; updating the website; developing a communications calendar; and creating a communications and engagement plan to increase brand visibility.
- Content Production & Graphic Design: Writing a blog and social media posts; creating graphics for the website and social media; producing short videos; and designing communications products such as brochures, one-pagers, newsletters, factsheets, and the annual report.
- Digital Marketing: Executing digital campaigns through email, paid ads, and social media; cultivating email lists; implementing audience targeting methods; tracking and analyzing communications metrics to ensure effective messaging; and creating digital toolkits.
- Public Relations: Identifying press outlets; conducting press outreach; writing press releases; and gathering and amplifying press stories relevant to the organization.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2024 ATLAS CORPS FELLOWSHIP
Candidates for this fellowship must
- Have a college degree,
- Be highly proficient in English,
- Be no older than 35, and
- Be committed to applying their experience in their home country or region after the program.
- Have two years of experience in communications and digital marketing.
DESIRED ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants do not need to possess all of the desired eligibility criteria. However, competitive candidates for this opportunity will meet some of the preferred eligibility criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Organizational and time management skills
- Multitasker with the ability to manage several processes simultaneously and prioritize
- Team-builder with the ability to comfortably work across teams and departments with people from around the world, as well as an ability to work with different working styles
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and tolerance for uncertainty and risk.
Software experience might include (but is not limited to):
- Graphic design software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or Canva
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or TikTok
- Website management tools such as WordPress, and Squarespace with CSS & HTML skills
- Email marketing tools such as Mailchimp or Salesforce
- Other communication tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Clicktale, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, or YouTube
Application Deadline: July 30, 2023.