Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024 for Postdoctoral Study in Canada
Apply now for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024 for Postdoctoral Study in Canada on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is a prestigious fellowship program for postdoctoral researchers who wish to conduct their research in Canada. The program provides funding to both Canadian and international researchers, who have recently completed a PhD, to undertake postdoctoral research in Canada in natural sciences, health sciences, social sciences, or humanities.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
70 fellowships are awarded annually;
approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Applicant Eligibility for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024:
Citizenship and Location of the Host Institution
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
Eligibility window for degree completion
Applicants to the 2023-24 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
$70,000 per year (taxable)
2 years (non-renewable)
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
- the applicant – their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- the host institution – their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
Applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
|April to September 2023||Applicants seek endorsement from the host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines).|
|September 20, 2023
|Deadline for complete application submission|
|October to December 2023||Evaluation of applications|
|Mid-February 2024||Anticipated notification of results. Applicants will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|April to October 2024||Payments begin|
Application Deadline: 20 September 2023 (20:00 EDT)