HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge 2023 for International Justice Startups
Apply now for the HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge 2023 for International Justice Startups on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. Applications for the HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge 2023 are open! The Justice Accelerator is HiiL’s flagship innovation programme that finances, trains, and coaches a global cohort of justice startups. HiiL seeks startups that solve people’s justice problems and aspire for them to have access to justice at work, at home, in their neighborhoods, and in business.
Requirements for the HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge 2023:
In 2023, the #Gamechangers HiiL is looking for are: Startups from MENA, Kenya, and Nigeria who have:
- People-centered solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems*
- A functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand. Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about our ideation and incubation programmes.
- A strong team of the founder(s).
- A revenue model
- Ambition to scale beyond the immediate target market
Examples of solutions HiiL is looking for:
Please note this is a non-exhaustive selection of examples.
- Claiming platforms for government entitlements/social security
- Platforms preventing fraud via KYC, identity management, and fraud detection services (to improve access, to employment, finance, and insurance)
- Legal marketplaces provide access to legal information, advice, and representation
- Platforms providing basic financial services (payments, savings, wallets) for the un- and under-banked
- Platforms preventing GBV, theft, and serious crime by providing information, guidance, and security hardware
- Online dispute resolution platforms
- Building & tenancy management platforms
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long programme that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity funding.
- Workshops delivered by industry specialists on a variety of topics from impact measurement to marketing, commercial strategy, and financial modeling
- A dedicated coach and a network of expert mentors
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice stakeholders and practitioners, as well as top-notch research and development
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20.000 at Demo Day
- Applications open: February 15, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 31st, 2023
- Online Interviews: May 2023
- Justice Accelerator Programme Kick-off: June 2023
- Demo Day: February 2023
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2023