ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2023 in Sustainable Chemistry and Waste
International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) is hereby giving start-ups the opportunity to obtain an award worth (25,000 EUR) in the ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2023 with the topic “Sustainable Chemistry and Agriculture”. Students with the ability to produce innovative ideas towards the topic or that is related to the topic are going to be quickly assessed and granted the award sum.
The annual ISC3 Innovation Challenge is particularly oriented along a once-per-year chosen focus topic. Start-ups globally are summoned to contend for a total of 25,000 EUR in prize money with their innovative ideas that are revolving around the ongoing year’s focus topic.
They are analysed by a jury of international experts who score the Start-ups and choose the finalists. The finalists’ pitches and the award ceremony holds
Eligibility Requirements for the ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2023
- All innovators and entrepreneurs, i.e., persons owning or representing the proposed innovation, employed by organisations including research institutes, start-ups, small-medium sized enterprises, or comparable institutions active in the development and realisation of sustainable chemistry solutions are eligible for the contest.
- Enterprises participating in the challenge shall have a staff headcount not exceeding 50 (full time equivalent) and an annual turnover of max. 10 million Euro.
- Enterprises majority-owned by large enterprises are not eligible for the award, except for innovations leading to the creation of independent spin-offs.Proposals submitted by innovators and entrepreneurs from developing countries and tackling challenges in developing countries are considered as particularly important.
- Female entrepreneurs are specifically encouraged to submit a proposal.
Criteria for the ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2023
The proposals will be assessed against the three main criteria:
- Innovation level. Is the innovation unique, distinct, and truly original?
- Business viability. What is the market potential of the innovation?
- Sustainability. What is the sustainability impact of the innovation?
The winners are awarded money prizes in three categories:
- Best Social Impact for Start-ups that have a noteworthy impact on their community.
- Best Regional Impact for Start-ups with an innovative solution to solving an issue that is particularly relevant to their region.
- The overall Winner of our Innovation Challenge.
All the finalists get a customized support of the ISC3 Global Start-up Service in form of pitch trainings and have the probability to be featured as Start-up of the Month.
Five finalists will receive:
- Tailored support: access to Global Start-up Service Customised Support
- Visibility: promotion of your innovation via ISC3 communication channels
- Cash prizes: the overall Innovation Challenge Winner will receive a cash prize of 15,000 EUR.
- The two separate categories “Best Social Impact” and “Best Regional Impact » are endowed with cash prizes amounting to 5,000 EUR each.
Schedule of the ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2023
Launch of the new 2023 Innovation Challenge: December 15th, 2022
Deadline for first stage submission: April 3rd, 2023, 23:59:59 CEST
Deadline for second stage submission: May 31st, 2023, 23:59:59 CEST
Jury Evaluation: June 1st – July 9th, 2023
Finalist announcements: after July 15th, 2023
Finalist pitch training: September 2023
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2023