The 2023 African Union Internship Program for Africans
Apply now for the 2023 African Union Internship Program for Africans on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The African Union (AU) Internship Program is organized for young Africans who are concerned with obtaining practical work experience in different fields related to the AU’s work. The program offers an opportunity for interns to acquire insight into the AU’s operations and to contribute to its initiatives aimed at promoting peace, security, and development in Africa. backgrounds and beliefs.
The program seeks to reveal participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and support their personal and professional skills. It offers an avenue for participants to acquire hands-on experience in diverse applicable fields while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will additionally acquire assistance from participants who hold satisfactory knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
• Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program
• Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/postgraduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
• Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
• Be full-time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
• Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, or Portuguese).
• Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
• Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offense excluding minor traffic offenses.
• Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Terms and Conditions
• The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
• AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
• Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
• The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) months renewable one time for any candidate
• Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expense of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Be committed to work
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU official’s working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Method of Application
Applications for admission to the AU Internship Program are to be submitted online. You may need to register before you can log in if you are a first-time user of our online registration system. You are advised to present as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants should submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
• A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of a valid passport or national identity card
• Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
• Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.