The 2023 GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize for African Entrepreneurs
The 2023 GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize for African Entrepreneurs is an annual award that identifies innovative agripreneurs who currently are creating a lasting mark in their communities. The prize is available to entrepreneurs operating in the agricultural and food sectors who may have shown success in developing, managing, and growing their businesses. The award honors those who have developed innovative business solutions that have had a positive impact on the environment, food security, and the economy. Winners will acquire a cash prize and recognition from GOGETTAZ and its partners.
This 2023 is the fifth annual GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition, supporting youth-led agrifood businesses to #GrowAfricaGrowLife. You are the solution. GoGettaz is building an African food system that is African-owned and African-led. The 2023 GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize for African Entrepreneurs
GoGettaz is part of the Generation Africa movement which aims to motivate the next generation of African agripreneurs, linking them to the resources they need to carry their businesses successfully from idea to scale. The community is open to all value chain players in Africa’s food system; from production to agri-tech to value addition to market linkages to agri-finance.
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE?
- First, join the GoGettaz Community when you join the competition and you’ll get access to education, mentorship, and investment networks to help you launch, grow, or scale your agrifood venture.
- Second, read the important information below before you start.
- Third, hit that ENTER NOW button and complete your application!
Eligibility criteria for the 2023 GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to ignite their agribusiness potential. In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers top agripreneurs the opportunity to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and create their impact.
This year the top GoGettaz agripreneurs will travel to the AGRF Summit which is being held in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
All the finalists will also acquire mentorship, programming linkages, and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- The entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition and is legally recognized as an adult in the country of nationality.
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country that is a member of the African Union.
- The entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership.
- The entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony, or other offense, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect if requested.
- The venture is already legally registered in a country that is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to June 1, 2023.
- The venture is headquartered in a country that is a member of the African Union.
- The venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding.
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through innovation or process improvement.
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research and development.
- Primary food production (farming).
- Crop nutrition.
- Mechanization, automation, or robotics, including drones.
- Crop protection.
- Hydroponics or urban farming.
- Transport, distribution, storage, or logistics.
- Food processing.
- Packaging or marketing.
- Food retail or service.
- Waste management or recycling.
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man, will each win 50,000 US Dollars for the most innovative and scalable business ventures.
We want to hear from businesses that show:
- Innovation (20%)
- Market potential and traction (20%)
- Social and Environmental Impact (20%)
- Business model (20%)
- Founder and team (20%)
- The Top 24 semi-finalists will be notified via WhatsApp and email in mid-July.
- Semi-finalists will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
- The jury will select 12 finalists at the end of July 2023. Six male and six female finalists will be notified via WhatsApp and email.
- Finalists will be invited to compete in an online/virtual pitching contest.
- All 12 finalists will be awarded mentorship, programming linkages, and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
Application Deadline: June 19, 2023