The 2023 Malta ClimAccelerator Program
The 2023 Malta ClimAccelerator Program focuses on providing tailored support to start-ups and funding opportunities for startups that are active in the identified thematic areas:
- Clean Energy
- Clean Industry
- Circular Economy
- Mobility & Transport
- Air and the Environment
- Energy Efficiency & Storage
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 MALTA CLIMACCELERATOR
To be eligible for the Malta ClimAccelerator Program, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Scalable solutions with the potential for significant climate impact or adaptation within the thematic areas
- Market potential: The created products/ services have the potential to generate income from various geographical markets
- The startup must be a legally incorporated entity
- The startup can be based in any location worldwide
- Founders’ competencies (academic/scientific) to deliver the solution
- At least Technology Readiness Level 6 (TRL)
- MVP pilot ready.
By joining ClimAccelerator Malta, you will obtain access to an extensive range of support and resources, accelerating your growth and amplifying your impact.
- Introduction to Equity Investors: Showcase your start-up to the ClimAccelerator Global Investor Network, as well as one-to-one pitching opportunities, unlocking vital access to strategic equity investors.
- Business Development Support: Receive comprehensive support in expanding into international markets, enabling you to develop sales channels, reach a wider target market, and boost business growth.
- Guidance to Funding: Unlock the potential to apply for European and national R&D and growth funding, fuelling further development of your innovative solutions.
- Minimum Viable Product Pilots: Explore the opportunity to pilot your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in Malta and Europe, gaining real-world validation for your solution.
- Startups that have graduated from the ClimAccelerator program can benefit from the Climate-SAFE / Climate Validation investment agreement, a €50K equity as a service package provided by EIT Climate KIC.
- Global Visibility: Increase your visibility on a global scale, attracting potential clients and investors who align with your mission and passion.
- Access Climate Tech Expertise: Benefit from the guidance and expertise of an international climate tech industry network, consisting of experienced entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Tailored Coaching: Personalized one-to-one coaching tailored to your specific needs and requirements, helping you navigate the challenges of scaling your venture.
- Opportunity to join the EIC Accelerator Program: For those of you who are eligible they will prepare your stage 1 application and provide you with all necessary support to develop the stage 2 application.
- Exclusive Workshops: Engage in exclusive workshops covering topics such as business development, climate impact communication, fundraising strategies, and more.
- EU Startup Summit: You will have the possibility to be evaluated for the selections to take part in the EU Startup Summit 2024, which will take place in Malta on May 9-10.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023