The 2023 Open Capital Analyst Program for African Graduates
The Open Capital Analyst Program launches high-growth career paths through a unique combination of intensive professional training and diverse business experience. We recruit from local universities, Our highly selective recruiting assesses both capabilities and mindset, testing for grit & growth potential. Our training builds hard & soft skills, using blended approaches to maximize skill development. Our Analysts support the most innovative, fast-growing companies in Sub-Saharan Africa and work with leading global development organizations. Our Managers provide Analysts with ongoing coaching and guidance, while their cohort provides additional support.
The Analyst Role
- In this role, the analyst supports OCA projects and our clients in 3-6 month rotating embedded placements. Through the 3-6 months placements, you will quickly build diverse experience, working with senior-level clients and senior management within our team and offering unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Analysts will start with a rigorous training program to build strategic and financial skills, combining hands-on coaching and real-world experience in order to prepare them to assume responsibility as they grow in their roles. Training is an integral part of this multi-year commitment and is funded by the company as part of this full-time position.
- Open Capital is looking for exceptional, ambitious, innovative graduates who are looking for growth and learning, and making an impact through their work. You should be able to begin work full-time either in June 2023 or Oct 2023;
Roles and responsibilities.
- Analyzing new business opportunities.
- Creating and managing new systems and overseeing client budgeting.
- Performing market research, developing financial models, and creating presentations for clients.
- Developing insightful analysis and problem-solving through analytical and organizational tasks.
Requirements for The 2023 Open Capital Analyst Program:
- Minimum of a second-class degree from an accredited university;
- Graduating year – 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022
- Proficient skills in MS Office; specifically excel and word;
- Attention to detail and desire to learn;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical abilities;
- Ability to multi-task and get things done;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Strong academic performance in any discipline and a clear understanding of business;
- Desire to learn and grow while being exposed to new industries and business issues;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Kenyan national or possess valid work authorization;
- Enjoy solving challenging strategic and financial questions;
- An exciting opportunity to work with a great diverse team driven towards a great vision and Impact work.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to diverse clients across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unlimited space to grow and be innovative.
- Growth of professional network
- Exposure to a variety of sectors during projects/assignments
The interviews will take place between March and April 2023.