The 2023 WFP Innovation Challenge for the fight against Hunger
Apply now for the 2023 WFP Innovation Challenge for the fight against Hunger on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the Internet. Over 828 million people (more than one in ten of the world’s population) still go to bed hungry every night. The number of people encountering acute food insecurity has attained a record high of 345 million, up from 135 million in 2019. Meanwhile, the cost of delivering food assistance has reached unprecedented levels due to soaring prices of food and fuel. The mixture of increased expenses for food and transportation, worsened by the economic consequences of the pandemic, climate change, and the conflict in Ukraine, has made food inaccessible for millions of people, setting significant strain on WFP’s operations.
The 2023 edition of the WFP Innovation Challenge aims to recognize and support disruptive social innovations that tackle key challenges in the fight against hunger. We are particularly concerned with solutions for humanitarian assistance and supply chain resilience as we aim to ensure that every donor dollar goes further in addressing hunger while reducing the need for ration cuts.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 WFP INNOVATION CHALLENGE
If you’re a start-up…
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
Apply to receive up to USD 100,000 in equity-free funding, with further funding dependent upon progress and measurable achievement of key targets
ACCESS TO WFP OPERATIONS
Successful teams will work with WFP’s global network of partners and field operations across more than 120 countries and territories; Teams may also qualify for further funding and support if they are scaling innovations that have proven their concepts and value for social impact.
You’ll have the chance to work with technical and industry mentors who will provide guidance and accelerate your progress. Selected social innovations will participate in a three to five days long WFP Innovation Bootcamp and Pitch Event
Teams will be able to tap into and leverage our strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation
|Application Deadline||19 July 2023|
|Innovation Bootcamp||November 2023|
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- To submit your application, please fill in the Application Form before 19 July
- Or, if you know a relevant social innovation that you would recommend for this innovation challenge, please notify by completing the Referral Submission Form.
- We will review and match successful applications with one of our WFP Innovation Bootcamps in the next six months. The next WFP Innovation Bootcamp will be held in November 2023. While we value all applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted applicants.
Application Deadline: 19 July 2023 11:59 pm (CEST)