The 3 Million Technical Talent Fellowship Program
The 3 Million Technical Talent (3MTT) Programme, an important part of the Renewed Hope agenda, is focused at building Nigeria’s technical talent backbone to power our digital economy and position Nigeria as a net talent exporter. The first phase of the programme, enforced in partnership with NITDA, will contain multiple stakeholders including fellows, training providers, partners and placement organisations.
The first phase of the programme will be executed as a fellowship model in collaboration with NITDA. Individuals with interest in specific skills will be selected and the cost of their training will be funded with training providers accepted into the programme.
For the first phase, the program will concentrate on these twelve (12) technical skills:
- Software Development
- UI/UX Design
- Data Analysis & Visualization
- Quality Assurance
- Product Management
- Data Science
- AI / Machine Learning
- Game Development
- Cloud Computing
- Dev Ops
- The average length of the courses being offered in this phase will be three (3) months.
- The training is hybrid, meaning that it combines online and in-person components. While the majority of the training can be done remotely, there are aspects that will require in-person training.
- There will be an entry assessment to determine the skill benchmark for each applicant. This will also be used in selecting the most applicable course for fellows.
- The only financial support for this phase of the programme will be the cost of training.
- Participants will responsible for transportation, meals and other costs.