The Flinders University/St Peter’s College 2023 PhD Scholarships for International Students
Apply now for the Flinders University/St Peter’s College 2023 PhD Scholarships on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet.
Change lives and change the world with impactful PhD research co-funded by Flinders and St Peter’s College.
- Receive a $33,000 per annum scholarship tax-free, for up to 3.5 years.
- Apply your research skills during an internship with St Peter’s College
Flinders University and St Peter’s College are presenting an Industry PhD Scholarship to launch innovative research into the effect of integrated Athletic Development programs on the physical development of school-aged students.
The College of Education, Psychology and Social Work and St Peter’s College, are cooperating on this research project to investigate the effect of Athletic Development programs on the physical literacy of St Peter’s College students as compared to students who do not partake in such programs. Bringing important industry experience to the project, St Peter’s College has an unwavering commitment to the education of boys and our vision is to be an exceptional community of learning. Our values of Truth, Respect, and Service are a strong and constant part of school life. Today, and for more than 170 years, our most vital work is shaping the character of the boys and young men at Saints – developing a sense of service, courage, commitment, and integrity. An integral component of this learning is the inclusion of athletic development programs within the school’s curriculum. This is reflected in a graduated approach to athletic development across the students’ schooling journey. Flinders University is also committed to the development of athletic development programs for physical and personal development in school and sports settings and has complimentary research strengths in the field of Sport and Exercise Science through the Sport, Health, Activity, Performance, and Exercise Research Centre (SHAPE) to support this exciting Industry PhD opportunity. Together we are aiming for innovative solutions to this challenging area of research through this PhD project.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 PhD SCHOLARSHIPS
To be eligible for the 2023 PhD Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or have, or are eligible to apply for a relevant international visa
- Meet Flinders University PhD Admission Requirements – an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), or evidence of equivalent research experiences, such as refereed publications or significant experience as a lead researcher
- Take up their studies as soon as practicable within a timeframe specified by the Office of Graduate Research in consultation with the industry partner, up to a maximum of 3 months from the time of acceptance of the scholarship. In exceptional circumstances and with the approval of the industry partner and the University, this time may be prolonged to 6 months.
- Completed postgraduate study (A Bachelors degree with Honours Class 1 or 2A Graduate Diploma or Masters degree by coursework with a research component of at least 18 units, with an average GPA of at least 6 in the research component) in Sport and Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning).
- Currently hold or willing to undertake a National Police Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check and Complete the Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse, and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN)-EC Training.
- Actively hold a Level 1 (or higher) Australian Strength and Conditioning Association Accreditation
It is desirable for applicants to also have:
- Acquired over 6 months (or part-time equivalent) of Strength and Conditioning Coaching experience in a school or sporting setting.
MERITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
This Scholarship offers:
- $33,000 (2023 full-time rate, indexed annually) per annum tax-free, for up to 3.5 years
- An industry internship allows you to apply your research to practice during your candidature.
- Access to academic and industry expertise through joint supervision
- A supportive environment to learn leading-edge research methods and become an expert in your area.
- The opportunity to manage a complex research project and respond innovatively to challenges.
- A collaborative research community where you can enhance your skills and build your network to progress your research career.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
Fill out the attached Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form, and send your application with supporting documentation to Dr. Kym Williams via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: July 17, 2023