The United Nations University Scholarship 2023 (Germany)
Since 2017 forward, the Joint Master’s Programme is part of a designated group of international postgraduate programmes that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The Joint M.Sc. Programme offers postgraduate students with complete knowledge, critical understanding, strategies and the tools needed to take an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental risks and human security. It is the third study programme in Bonn to be admitted to the DAAD funding scheme, in addition to the ZEF Doctoral Studies programme and the ARTS study programme offered by the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bonn.
This Master’s programme is the offspring of the fruitful partnership between the University of Bonn Department of Geography and the United Nations University. It is a substantial contribution to the internationalization of the University of Bonn and is supported by the German agency, DAAD. The United Nations University Scholarship 2023 (Germany)
Qualified candidates should accomplish the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme
- Be a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD)
- Have at least two years of practical work experience (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector) in a field related to the study programme
- Have graduated with the Bachelor no longer than five years ago
- Have completed no other Master in a similar field of studies
- Aiming at a career as a practitioner in a field related to the programme of study
- Successful applicants will be financed to cover all expenses directly related to the study programme as well as their cost of living in Bonn.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Students wishing to be considered for these scholarships need to apply for the programme as well by filling the applications forms for the DAAD; acceptance to the former does not guarantee acceptance to the latter.
- The selection procedure for the EPOS funding among shortlisted candidates will happen between February and April each year.
- Candidates that do not fulfill the EPOS requirements but wish to benefit from financial support during their studies are invited to apply individually and early to other available funding programmes in Germany.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023.