The WSA Youth Ambassadors Network
The World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassadors Network is a prestigious initiative that aims to empower and amplify the impact of youths working on technology–enabled social projects in their local communities. Through the network, ambassadors will hold access to exclusive tools, resources, and assistance to enhance their projects, ranging from global exposure and advocacy opportunities to the development of skills such as project management, fundraising, or coding.
The WSA Youth Ambassadors Network is open to young people in all countries of the world.
Are you a motivated social impact champion under 30 who wants to create a difference in your country and globally? Do you wish to contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Do you believe in the power of technology and innovation to tackle pressing social challenges?
Then join the World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassador Network, a wonderful opportunity that resonates with the WSA’s goal and empowers young changemakers like you to make a difference.
As a Youth Ambassador, you will be at the forefront of inspiring and mobilizing fellow youths to showcase their innovative digital solutions that address critical social challenges on a global stage. You will play a vital role in promoting the Young Innovators category of the WSA and supporting the national experts in your countries.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE WSA YOUTH AMBASSADORS NETWORK
The WSA Youth Ambassador Program aims to be diverse and inclusive. It wants to bring together a range of talents and experiences from across age groups, areas of interest and expertise, gender, socio-economic background, and countries within the UN framework.
All candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Passionate about social impact and technology
- Be between the age of 18-30 at the end of the application period (15 August 2023);
- Be a resident in one of the UN member states.
- Be available to devote at least 25 days per year to WSA.
- Have a good command of English and the official language of their country of residence (if not English);
- Access to a computer/mobile device with a stable internet connection for active participation in all aspects of the program
- Be a part of a global network of social impact makers and innovators
- Certificate of Participation
- Letter of recommendation (per request)
- Opportunity to serve your community
- Be eligible to participate in events and opportunities within the WSA and partner network
- Social Media feature
- Best Performance award and get your own social impact goodie bag
- Get support to organize a social impact event in your community
- Opportunity to be promoted within the WSA Network (National expert, Jury, mentor )
- Applications have to be submitted in English online by 23:59 CET on August 15, 2023
- The selection team will screen the applications and shortlisted candidates will be informed of the final results by August 31, 2023
- First (virtual) meeting of the WSA-YA: 1st week of September 2023
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
Candidates can choose one of the following two options during their application
- Individual Application
- Nomination by a WSA National Expert or Organisation
Application Deadline: August 15, 2023