Trust for Sustainable Living International Student Essay Competition 2024
The Trust for Sustainable Living is delighted to declare its annual International Student Essay Competition 2024. The theme for the 2024 competition is ‘How can nature help us achieve the UN SDGs in my community?’.
TSL wishes to hear students’ views on how they feel that nature can support the achievement of the SDGs in their own communities. Students are welcome to approach the topic however they wish. Students can choose to concentrate on one SDG, or multiple SDGs that they feel are a key issue within their communities and explore how nature could help to enhance the situation. Students are strongly encouraged to include their own personal views, perspectives, and experiences to help bring their thoughts and visions alive. Trust for Sustainable Living International Student Essay Competition 2024
Each student is invited to submit one essay in English, on the theme: “How can nature help us achieve the UN SDGs in my community?”
The essay length varies by age as follows:
- Primary students (ages 7-11): 400 words
- Secondary and College students (ages 12-18): 600 words
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO INCLUDE IN THE BIBLIOGRAPHY
- Name and version of the generative AI system used; e.g. ChatGPT-3.5
- Publisher (the company that made the AI system); e.g. OpenAI
- URL of the AI system.
- Brief description (single sentence) of the context in which the tool was used.
- The prompt(s) used to generate a response in the AI system.
For example: I acknowledge the use of ChatGPT 3.5 (Open AI, https://chat.openai.com) to summarise my initial notes and to proofread my final draft.
- One overall Grand Prize Winner will obtain a trophy and a cash prize of £1000 and £500 for their school,
- with one runner-up receiving a trophy and a cash prize of £500 and £250 for their school (cash prizes paid in local currency).
- All participating Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists & Honourable Mentions, and International Debate participants will receive personalised e-certificates.
- 8th September 2023: TSL 2024 Essay Competition Launch – NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS. Registration open for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in the TSL 2024 Essay Competition.
- 18th January 2024: Final deadline for essay entries.
- 14 March 2024: Announcement of International Essay Competition Finalists & Honourable Mentions on TSL websites.
- 18 April 2024: Top Ten Finalists from Primary and Secondary categories notified via Teacher Champion.
- 18-22 April: Invitations to participate in the International Student Debates sent to eligible students via their Teacher Champion.
- 14 March – 31 July 2024: Country Debates.
- Summer 2024: International Schools Debate & Awards (online) Dates TBC.
Application Deadline: 18 January 2024.