2023 World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Fall Internship Program for Aspiring Law Students
Apply now for the 2023 World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Fall Internship Program for Aspiring Law Students on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency grants highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be revealed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and the latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment. 2023 World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Fall Internship Program for Aspiring Law Students
The objective of the program is to provide you with first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of a maximum of three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
Can you be an intern in the Legal Vice Presidency?
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be an intern in the Legal Vice Presidency. Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Fall Internship Program:
- The application period will commence on April 1 and end on April 30 (The proposed internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between September and November, depending on prevailing needs).
- This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain professional experiences at the World Bank in the form of externships during the academic year while enrolled in a full-time law program or for those enrolled in part-time and/or evening law programs.
- According to U.S. Department of Homeland Security rules, students authorized to participate in pre-completion OPT may work part-time (20 hours or less per week) while school is in session.
The program must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions. The World Bank shall only assist attainment of visa documents for participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in exceptional cases.
Cost: The World Bank shall not remunerate participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in the form of monetary fees/compensation. Each World Bank Legal Intern must however be remunerated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards in the form of (i) monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank; or (ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule. Hence, students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
Medical Insurance: World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance and any cost(s) arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship period and must show proof of valid major global medical insurance coverage.
Selection Process: World Bank Legal Interns shall be selected through a competitive selection process. The World Bank Group is an equal-opportunity employer.
Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency shall organize a brief onboarding session at the beginning of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Program for the incoming cohort.
Evaluations of Performance: The World Bank shall not provide an evaluation of the performance of participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
Method of Application:
Please submit the below documents through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023