Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme 2023 for Researchers from Sub–Saharan Africa
Apply for the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme 2023 for Researchers from Sub–Saharan Africa on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. Universities of the Coimbra Group offers short-term visits (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) to young African researchers from soaring education institutions from Sub-Saharan Africa. The main objective of this scholarship programme is to prepare scholars to assume research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to assist them establish academic and research contacts in Europe.
The scholarships are funded financially by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2023 edition of this scholarship programme:
• University of Barcelona (Spain)
• University of Coimbra (Portugal)
• University of Cologne (Germany)
• Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
• University of Granada (Spain)
• University of Graz (Austria)
• University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
• Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
• Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
• KU Leuven (Belgium)
• University of Padova (Italy)
• University of Pavia (Italy)
• University of Poitiers (France)
• Charles University (Czech Republic)
• University of Salamanca (Spain)
• University of Siena (Italy)
• University of Turku (Finland)
Eligibility Criteria for the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme 2023
Applicants must fulfill ALL of the following criteria at the same time:
• Be born on or after 1 January 1978. • Be nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Be preferably of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
• Be in possession of an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
• Use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process.
• Apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
• Submit all information in English only.
Application Deadline: 7 April 2023 at midnight (Brussels time)