Study in Germany: The 2024 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships
Apply now for a chance to study in Germany via The 2024 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) sustains future leaders from developing countries who desire to enhance democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme, which is financed by the German Federal Foreign Office, presents the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political, and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the regulations of Good Governance, highly eligible graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics, and administration and organized for future leading positions in their home countries.
- Offers future leaders master’s courses in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political, and economic development
- Prepares them in a practice-oriented course for responsible positions in or for their home regions and contributes to establishing economic and social institutions that are democratically oriented and designed to overcome social inequalities. Study in Germany: The 2024 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships
Eligibility Conditions for the 2024 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships
- Graduates from developing and emerging countries (bachelor or equivalent)
- With a well-qualified first university degree and above-average grades (upper third) in Social and Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Public Policy, and Administration
- Willing to actively contribute to the social, political, and economic development of their home countries or regions
- Who have already gained practical experience relevant to the programme (professional experience, internships, political or social commitment)
- Academic education in one of the master’s courses, listed below and selected by the DAAD, will take place from September to October 2024.
- The courses have an international focus and are mainly offered in English.
- Throughout their studies, all scholarship holders of the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme benefit from accompanying support services provided by the programme coordinators at the respective study locations.
- Scholarship holders benefit from events and seminars organized specifically for them, as well as close exchange with other international scholarship holders.
- Planning also provides for participation in interdisciplinary networking events.
- DAAD scholarship holders are exempt from paying tuition fees.
The scholarship holders will obtain
- Scholarships (currently € 934 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions
- Health insurance coverage in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing and emerging countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months; participation is mandatory
- The following deviation concerning funding benefits applies for the “Social Protection” master’s course, due to its blended learning concept: A sur-place rate of € 500 per month is paid in the 4th semester (mandatory online semester in the student’s country of origin or another developing/emerging country).
- The selection will be made by a selection committee in October/November 2023. The committee comprises professors from the participating master’s courses and representatives of the DAAD.
- Next step: The candidates that were proposed for a scholarship are contacted by the DAAD and asked to upload their full documents to the DAAD portal.
- Please do not upload any application documents unless you are nominated by the DAAD.
- Important: Please make sure that you have a full set of copies of your application documents in PDF format. Please submit original documents, only if you are explicitly asked to do so by the master’s course.
- Thus, the selection process is finalized. All applicants are informed in writing after the end of the selection process in mid to late December 2023.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2023.