The 2023 BOI-LBS Entrepreneurship Development Programme for Nigerians.
Nigerians are now called for The 2023 BOI-LBS Entrepreneurship Development Programme, the programme can enable Nigerian youths with jobs in order to decrease insecurity and foster job creation in the country. LAGOS BUSINESS SCHOOL (LBS) IN COLLABORATION WITH THE BANK OF INDUSTRY (BOI) ESTABLISHED THE BUSINESS INNOVATION ACCELERATOR (BIA).
The EIC has been renamed to Business Innovation Accelerator (BIA) with the aim of delivering high-quality entrepreneurship training and empowerment to young Nigerians across the six geopolitical zones of the country. Unemployment has advanced to improper levels for the Nigerian economy to remain safe. Over the years youth unemployment has been advancing and this has led to increasing insecurity, social vices, slow economic growth, inflation, and other attendant hardships.
The BOI-LBS Business Innovation Accelerator is therefore intended to encourage job creation, significantly enhance SME business success and decrease loan default rates due to business failure. The Centre will also supply an ecosystem to assist and enhance the technical, managerial, financial, and leadership skills of entrepreneurs across Nigeria.
The BOI-LBS Business Innovation Accelerator has been established to develop impact-driven entrepreneurs who use for-profit business models to solve problems and transform society positively. The programme aims at producing a new breed of innovative and problem-solving entrepreneurs who will transform society and rebuild the national economy through job creation and the commercialization of their solutions globally.
The target audience comprises for-profit entrepreneurs whose businesses are solving problems or transforming society positively. They may contain NYSC members, university/polytechnic graduates, prospective BOI customers (minimum qualification: SSCE)
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Participants
The following key criteria will be used in evaluating potential participants:
– Be at least 18 years of age. Having entrepreneurial experience will be an advantage. Could be a start-up or may have been established for some years already. Most importantly, the business should be solving a problem or meeting a need and should be scalable.
– Be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
– Be available to commit to the training schedule
– Special focus shall be given to youth and women.
– Two letters of recommendation
• Fill out the form online (upload certificates and two letters of recommendation)
• Interview process
• Admission letters will be sent to successful candidates
Classes on Entrepreneurship orientation and Business Management will hold 3 days a week for 3 months as follows:
Tue, Wed, and Thu, every week
• Session: 10.00am – 11.15 am
• Break: 11.15am – 11.45 am
• Session 2: 11.45 am – 1.00 pm
• Lunch break: 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm
• Session 3: 2.00 pm – 3.15 pm
To be considered eligible to receive a certificate, you will be demanded to:
• Attend at least 80% of the sessions in each course and score at least 60% in each course.
• Considered to be of good character as defined in the training policy to be signed upon acceptance.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023