The 2023 SRHIN Health Equity Champions (SHEC) Program for Nigerian Citizens
The 2023 SRHIN Health Equity Champions (SHEC) program is an optional program where SRHIN recruits, trains, and assists 40 emerging leaders around 18-30 years of age who will be Health Equity Champions for SRHIN across different states in Nigeria. These champions will work closely with the SRHIN Nigeria Country Coordinator and will perform with the guidance and support of the SRHIN Programs team to produce creative and exciting ways to enhance healthcare delivery in marginalized settings in Nigeria. This is a fantastic opportunity to impact your community, country, and the world by working with highly-visible, mission-driven SRHIN volunteers in an amazing, supportive environment. Champions will acquire training on how to perform impactful campaigns and leverage the media for improved impact.
The SHEC program is an essential step towards improving health outcomes in Nigeria and promoting social justice. By empowering Nigerian citizens to become health equity champions in their communities, the SHEC program is supporting to build a healthier and more equitable future for all Nigerians.
- Opportunities for small grants to organize community health projects
- Certificates upon completion of the program
- Mentorship from influential young global health leaders from across the world
Eligibility Criteria for the 2023 SRHIN Health Equity Champions (SHEC) Program:
- Must be residents of Nigeria.
- Must be aged 18–30 years.
- Must be passionate about promoting health equity and have an indicated interest
Application Deadline: May 28, 2023