The 2023 UNESCO/France “celebrating our differences” Photo Contest on Sport and Inclusion
UNESCO’s Social and Human Sciences Sector and France 2023 are merging forces to commemorate diversity and exploit the power of rugby to promote more inclusive societies. In the subject of the Rugby and Wheelchair Rugby World Cup 2023 (September-October 2023), UNESCO and France 2023 request the most innovative amateur photographers to join the photo contest “Celebrating our Differences”.
Intended at fostering rugby’s core values outside the field, it is a call for everyone to fight against any form of discrimination in and via sport. With the rise in racism and inequalities globally, this contest is a chance to display the power of art and sport to raise awareness about this issue, break down stereotypes, and support more inclusive societies.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 UNESCO/France “celebrating our differences” Photo Contest on Sport and Inclusion
Any person willing to highlight the values of rugby can participate, in one of the three following categories:
- Under 18 years old;
- From 18 to 30 years old
- Over 30 years old.
Professional photographers are not permitted to partake in the contest.
UNESCO will choose a total of 16 winners, dispersed into three winners per theme (one winner per category) and one “Coup de cœur Canon” per theme chosen from all the categories.
The winners will:
- Have their photo been exhibited at UNESCO Headquarters in the summer of 2023 and in the host cities of the World Cup. The photos will also be published online on the websites and social media platforms of UNESCO and France 2023.
- Receive one UNESCO photobook, one Canon camera, and one voucher for the France 2023 official store.
Proposed photos must display at least one of the following themes. Participants can submit one photo per theme, for a total of four photos.
- Rugby for all genders, to highlight diversity and gender equality.
- Rugby to foster inclusion of people with disabilities
- Rugby to tackle discrimination, to fight against racism and LGBTI-phobia.
- Our differences make us stronger, to celebrate physical, social, cultural, and generational differences.
Process of Application
Photos must be sent before 11 June 2023, 11:59 pm GMT +2.
- Photo(s) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com
- The subject of the mail: Theme of the photo – Name of the participant
- Title of the file: NAME_Firstname_theme_category.
Every photo must be followed by a title and a caption containing 200 words maximum, in English or French, explaining its context and its contribution to the chosen theme.
UNESCO and France 2023 reserve the right to use the submitted photos and to make changes.
Late applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 11 June 2023, 11:59 pm GMT +2.