The MasterCard 2024 Scholars Programme for African Students at University of the Western Cape
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) supports highly motivated, talented, and economically marginalized young people from Sub–Saharan African countries to access quality secondary, tertiary, and skills–based education.
The University of the Western Cape welcomes applications for a limited number of master’s degree scholarships from qualifying candidates from South Africa and the African continent who are prepared to register for a full-time master’s degree study in 2023.
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is delighted to declare the launch of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC. Established in 2012, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is a global initiative organized to develop the next generation of transformative leaders by encouraging highly talented, service-oriented young people, primarily young Africans, to further their higher education and cultivate their leadership potential. The Program is particularly targeted toward young people whose access to higher education is restricted by economic and social barriers. The Program sets a particular focus on attaining young women, forcibly displaced youth, and young people living with disabilities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will assist academically talented youth from South Africa and other parts of the African continent. For the 2023 Academic Year, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will provide fully-funded opportunities for young scholars from the African continent to study for a master’s degree.
MERITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
For the 2023 Academic Year, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will provide fully-funded opportunities for young scholars from the African continent to study for a master’s degree.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE MASTERCARD 2024 SCHOLARS PROGRAMME
At the time of application, an applicant must meet the following three criteria:
- Be no older than 30 years for the postgraduate master’s degree
- Meet the University’s minimum admissions requirements
- Be prepared to begin their first year of registration for full-time master’s study in 2023.
Candidates who intend to register for a second master’s degree are ineligible to apply for this scholarship
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Download the application form and email the completed form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The closing date for all applications is Monday, 24 July 2023.
- If you do not get any response from the university by Thursday, 3 August 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Applicants are strongly advised to submit only ONE complete application. Incomplete and duplicate applications will be rejected.
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will communicate with applicants via email (preferred) and phone contact.
- Applicants should confirm that the phone numbers and email addresses provided are accurate and active in order to receive important information and feedback.
- After the selection procedure, successful applicants will be asked for a virtual or in-person interview conducted by independent panels.
- Applicants who are found to have provided false information during any stage of the application and selection process will be disqualified. Any attempt to influence the selection process will lead to automatic disqualification.
There are 7 main sections that will need to be completed in the application form:
- Personal Information
- Scholarship Information
- Academic Information
- Family Information
- Short Narratives
- Community Engagement
Application Deadline: July 24, 2023