The Mwalimu Nyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2023
Apply now for the Mwalimu Nyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2023 on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet.
In recognition and inspiration of leadership ideas of the Late Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere, the Founding Father of The United Republic of Tanzania, who was one of the notable sons of Africa, The Mwalimu Nyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship Program anticipates nurturing, mentoring, training, challenging, engaging, defining, and transforming the young generation of African leaders into responsible and dedicated true Pan-African leaders of the continent who will propagate Unity, Peace and People-Centered Development. This fellowship offers an amazing opportunity for 60 young leaders from different countries of Africa to learn, grow, and unite with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds in tackling the challenges of Africa.
This program is assembled in Tanzania every November, in line with African Youth Month. The 2nd cohort of the program is slated on November 2023 and young people are invited to display their interest in the program by making this first application. The program is organized by The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation (MNF), in collaboration with the United Nations Institute of Training and Research (UNITAR) and in partnership with Tanzania Government through Prime Minister’s Office, Labour, Youth, Employment and Persons with Disabilities; The Ministry of Information, Youth, Culture and Sports – Zanzibar; and Africa-Asia Youth Foundation.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE MWALIMU NYERERE PAN-AFRICAN YOUNG LEADERS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2023
We welcome interested applications from young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Passionate about leadership and social change.
- Demonstrated commitment to Pan-Africanism, unity, peace, and people-centered development.
- Willingness to learn and grow as a current/future leader of Africa.
- Ready to use the knowledge to be obtained in the program in transforming their local communities.
MERITS OF FELLOWSHIP
Chosen fellows will be part of an enriching experience that comprises:
- Partially funded costs whereby all local costs during the program are covered by organizers, while the participants take care only their visas and travel to and from Tanzania,
- A series of comprehensive training workshops focused on leadership, peacebuilding, and social justice.
- Mentorship opportunities with experienced Pan-African leaders, offering invaluable guidance and support.
- Networking events, enable fellows to connect and collaborate with other young leaders from across the continent.
- A culminating summit where fellows will have the opportunity to share their learnings, experiences, and insights on the realization of the Africa We Want.
Application Deadline: August 10, 2023