The UbuntuNet Alliance Women Hackathon Programme 2023 for Women Developers
Apply now for the UbuntuNet Alliance Women Hackathon Programme 2023 for Women Developers on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. In an effort to enhance gender balance in the tech industry and control the underrepresentation of women in software development, the UbuntuNet Alliance is organizing a Women Hackathon. The event aspires to empower and motivate 20 passionate women developers from the UbuntuNet Alliance region in East and Southern Africa to take part in a hackathon. This event will hold prior to the UbuntuNet-Connect 2023 Conference in Uganda Kampala from 23 to 25 October 2023 and is under the AfricaConnect3 project which is co-funded by the European Commission.
The mission of the UbuntuNet Alliance is to grow and promote a thriving, sustainable community of National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) and partners within Eastern and Southern Africa. The organization aims to enable and strengthen collaboration and innovation among Research and Education Communities, identifying the pivotal role research and education play in shaping societies and driving progress. Innovation is the catalyst that propels academia forward, leading to the creation of novel theories, ideas, and products that enhance livelihoods and positively impact society. However, several challenges impede the realization of the full potential of research and education. Technology has emerged as a critical tool in enabling students to interact with study materials, enhancing their learning experiences, and understanding new frontiers of knowledge.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE UBUNTUNET ALLIANCE WOMEN HACKATHON PROGRAMME 2023
- In order to guarantee gender representation and diversity, the hackathon is available exclusively to female participants.
- The applicants must be students or graduates within five years of completing their studies.
- Moreover, only residents of UbuntuNet Alliance member countries are eligible to apply.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
To partake, concerned individuals must form teams of four and collectively submit a concept note, not exceeding two pages (Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12, Single Spacing), excluding the cover page. The concept note should contain the following elements:
- Background (or Relevance)
- Proposed Objectives (leading to the development of an ICT solution)
- Methodology (based on the software development lifecycle and incorporating necessary technologies)
- Programming Skills of Team Members
- Previous Experience and Links to Developed Work
The cover page should include the topic and the team member details (names, email addresses, and phone numbers)
Application Deadline: 10 August 2023.